wdnboatbuilder

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Oyster, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Oyster

Oyster Senior Member

[​IMG]

Do you have any shots of the boat out of the water? I was looking at your web shots and noticed the nice vee entry in the bow. But was curious of how much vee that you had in the stern. Thats a big transition to be able to run in shallow water.

2. Corpus Skipper

Corpus Skipper Hopeless Boataholic

That sure is a purty boat! Got one with a tunnel!:?: :D

3. wdnboatbuilder

wdnboatbuilder Senior Member

not on the comp. yes she has a sharp entry but runs flatter aft. I believe she is in about 10 " of water there. And that really depends on what you consider shallow.
    Thanks corpus: looking to stretch it to 18.5'

4. mmd

mmd Senior Member

OK, I gotta question for wdnboatbuilder...

What is that long-handled thingy on deck with what appears to be half a toilet seat at the end?

Oh, and Hi, Oyster.

5. wdnboatbuilder

in case the motor fails

6. Oyster

Oyster Senior Member

Known also as a pushpole, Mike. Hi. You may have a problem using it right now. ;) In the old days, we would also make a poling oar out of ash . Now many of those things are fancy carbon fibers ones.

[​IMG]

Reflex Push Poles
    New Reflex Push Poles utilize unique manufacturing process to make these among the lightest, strongest and most durable one-piece push-poles on the market today. All poles come standard with a reinforced end section, tip and fork. Choose either E-Glass- or Kevlar®-reinforced graphite

Here you go Mike.
    Flats Boat Poling 101

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/features/saltwater/part113.html

7. wdnboatbuilder

My rendition of one. Ok Oyster just went into CAD and to answer your question it is about 5 degrees at the trans. Just wish I would have dropped the shear 4" at the trans so it did not look so high sided aft. It looked good on paper and the loft.

Working on some improvments in the cockpit area and adding the poling platform. Just got the mock up made now looking for the price. Also have added rod lockers in the catwalks as I call them most people call them the gunnel.

8. Oyster

Oyster Senior Member

Thanks, just curious. Have you ever used Tigmaster in the Tampa area?

9. Oyster

Oyster Senior Member

10. wdnboatbuilder

no never heard of them. I have a guy here in the Cape who says 200 bucks. He builds some damn nice tuna towers.
    Thanks for taking interest.

11. Oyster

Oyster Senior Member

From the samples that I have seen, they build a nice product at a cost that fits my wallet. I am in the process of having two leaning posts done with them, in the final drawing stages. I have dealt with Mattsons and Tigmaster, in the last two weeks, and the two are just wonderfull over the phone, too. Very professional and friendly.

12. wdnboatbuilder

Nice, basically the same type build....cold molded. I worked for a builder in Daytona, liked the lines of the old sportfish and incorped into my boat. I built her on the heavy side but I'll stick her in a 4' sea and run no problem and stay dry thats the sweet part.

I do have a 21'ter out there somewhere and the man I built it for claimed it runs in 4" of water but never went for the ride, I don't believe it I think he was in the sauce a little. But it nice to hear such things.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.