Want to replace old Mako 19 deck with a "Flats boat deck" - am I crazy or what !
I have an OLD mako 19 "very shallow V" center console... I want to remove the deck and replace with a flats boat deck.
I would like to
1) remove wood stringers and replace with "boxed foam" stringers
2) rebuild deck "flush" for flats casting
3) include anchor locker with lid
4) live bait well with lid
5) cast net storage locker with lid
6) replace center console with small "side console"
7) have fold down seat on "rear flush deck" for sitting when steering
Need to know how to find the right foam / laminate compositions for decks, stringers, etc...
Some related threads you might find interesting (apologies if you've already seen them):
(List of foam sources)
All I can say is your for alot of work. Make sure you like the hull ride and the investment.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|TP52s||mighetto||Sailboats||2052||09-06-2007 11:46 AM|
|Luhrs T-29 (1995) diesel inboard converted to outboard||Iya||Boat Design||13||03-07-2007 07:48 PM|
|High-Speed Waveless Boat||waveless||Boat Design||82||10-10-2005 08:01 AM|
|Bass Boats||dougfrolich||Open Discussion: All Things Boats & Boating||6||06-30-2005 09:24 PM|
|Easier way for balsa core deck replacement?||pago cruiser||Boatbuilding||4||06-01-2005 07:20 PM|