Replacing Soft floor on Flats Boat
I would appreciate your knowledge in helping me accomplish this job with satisfaction. First off, I have a 20 foot flats boat, a scooter (no sides). I removed the floor and am planning on replacing the stringers as well.
1. If I use 1/2" marine plywood do I need to seal the bottomside (underneath) with resin/epoxy?
2. If I used CDX and seal the underside as well, will it last 5-10 years?
3. Being that it is a flats/shallow water boat how many layers of fiberglass mat would be suffice. I was thinking 2 layers of 1.5 oz. for the floor..
4. What type of wood could I use for the 1x2" stringers. I was thinking pressure treated 1x4 pine, split down the middle....
5. Lastly, if I used polyester resin to coat the underneath of the floor what could I expect?
Thanks in Advance