Production builders in Asia

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by rocknrule, May 26, 2009.

1. rocknrule

rocknrule Junior Member

Can anyone point me to a list of quality production builders in Thailand, Malaysia or Singapore - current. Project is 20 - 30+ Ft (6 - 9+ meters).

Thank you

2. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

What selling market are you aming at, The US?

3. rocknrule

rocknrule Junior Member

I live in the US but my market is truely global.

I saw smething while I was working as the planning manager at a large yacht yard in (an unnamed foreign country). I did a bit of research, a preliminary design (I'm an ex-yacht designer) and realized with some input from friends that I had a potential hit.

I then turned my focus to the business end of things - the point is after all a business. The boat industry is really in free fall right now and probably will not recover to the levels of a few years ago for generations. I also have a really creative business model that addresses many of the industries ills.

Now I need to find a manufacturing partner and right now the US is not the best place to start. Actually my ultimate goal would be to have manufacturing in several countries. My product is totally universal in appeal and will attract receational as well as commercial and governmental users. It will also attract people who have never considered a boat before thus expanding the overall market.

4. rocknrule

rocknrule Junior Member

Another point - I did have an offer from a US manufacturer recently but I turned it down because they were in a real difficult financial bind and I could not afford to partner with them under the circumstance.

I'm also considering one other potential US partner (larger builder) but my gut tells me the US just isn't the right place to start a new company at this point in time. Other markets are more stable right now.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.