problem

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by electricvoodoo, Sep 7, 2005.

1. electricvoodoo

electricvoodoo New Member

i have to build a wing that can be mounted underneath a boat. Now i want to search for some information about these boats, but i only know the dutch-word of it. Can anybody tell me how you call these boats in english so i can find information http://www.phtimmer.nl/images/Draagvleugelboot.jpg

I hope you can help me..

Greetings Richard

2. yipster

yipster designer

hydrofoil

3. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Dammit yipster - why can't you Dutch learn to speak English.... :D

4. electricvoodoo

electricvoodoo New Member

thank you very much... I know my english is not super good. but it was a strange word to me.

5. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

problem - electricvoodoo

Hey - electricvoodoo - that was 'tongue in cheek...' so how good is my Dutch :)

6. yipster

yipster designer

yeah that was a bit short wasnt it? so what will we chat about? the #$&$# 1770.00 euro they ask for a Merc CR prop? that is apart from the bras rings and nuts at 170.00 or shall i tell you about my trip to IKEA afterwards for a trashcan? you see i wanted to have a small trashcan for the boat behind the kitchen sink door, ya know the type that flips open when you open the door. so up to IKEA i went from the boatshop. the info sign desk lady told me kitchen department. a mile and a half down and up following the arrowed alley i found it. no, only buckets you can hang in various way's, but try our trashcan dept downstairs. they really did have trashcans with a pedal but i got the feeling, without even mentioning a boat, with my request they think i'm "STRANGE".......
    problems problems, wanna know more? yipster :mad:

7. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

problem - yipster

Alright, alright - trust you can read me clearly through the sackcloth and ashes I'm daubed in... I was harking back to my UK hertitage (before I became Australian) and in reality kicking at the virtually total lack of the English to learn any language but their own (and then seldom correctly).
    In my youth (late 50's early 60's) I lived for a spell in Amersterdam and hardly needed to use my 'Handy phrase book). In fact I had a problem discovering shops, hotels etc with a sign saying: "Dutch spoken here..."
    Yipster - Electricvoodoo let me tell you there are few more welcoming countries in the world than yours. But being a Highlander I missed the mountains. Oh, and I still cannot pronounce 'Schvenningen...' Probably can't spell it either.
    But if I inadvertently raised hackles... sorry. :(

Last edited: Sep 8, 2005

8. Sander Rave

Sander Rave Senior Member

Never mind Bergalia,

Even the Germans can't pronounce Scheveningen and they're our neighbours. (and in summer they take over the town ;-) The latest survey shows our relation is getting better every year! So there is still hope for you...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.