Power Nailing Strip Plank

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by baydreamer, Sep 2, 2006.

1. baydreamer

baydreamer Junior Member

The Vacationer is a plywood planked , flat bottom boat. The plans call for a layer of mat,(don't know weight), and 6 oz. cloth epoxied on. The interior of the hull will be epoxied only, using epoxy and microballoons fo fillets where needed.
    In the case I choose a strip planked hull, I'll use a different design. In mind right now is the Port Louis 20 from Selway-Fisher. Since I haven't yet got study plans, I don't know the weight cloth recommended for the Port Louis.
    I've read a lot about the unsuitability of polyester resin in boat construction.
    I built a Nymph stitch'n glue dinghy years ago using polyester. It was good practice, but epoxy is the way we go on my last real boat. Also my first, by the way:p

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.