my other boat

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by colfar2, Sep 11, 2012.

1. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I see some trees in the photos next to the boat. They can give you a better purchase angle to lift and align the mast.

2. colfar2

colfar2 Junior Member

Maybe the crane will be safest option in the long run

3. colfar2

colfar2 Junior Member

Good day to all

How time goes when life catches up on you. Has been 2 years since last post .
    Have been moving along slowly and lady j is coming on nicely. Hoping to launchsSeptember so can't wait. Slight issue is our winter is here and I am building outside but shall prevail

4. colfar2

colfar2 Junior Member

Ooooooops forgot pics

Attached Files:

5. colfar2

colfar2 Junior Member

Greetings
    So finally I set a deadline for lady j to get in water . in November last year I decided I would launch on my birthday 17 Feb so we worked frantically and on 18 Feb I finally towed her out my yard even though I got her stuck on gate and then lost a wheel on highway but 7 hours later for a 100 km she made it to Anchorcreek at vaaldam .she is not in water yet as I am unhappy with a leaking keel but should have that sorted by this weekend. Major milestone was sleeping in her this past weekend even though she was still in trailer . will keep everyone posted as soon as she is in the water

Cheers

6. colfar2

colfar2 Junior Member

how time flies when you are having fun

lady j has been at dam almost 8 months and still in trailer but am happy with progress . Changed the enterior adding another sleeping opption as well as rewiring all electrics plus stepping the mast .Am pretty confident of getting her in the water this month

greetings from sa

Attached Files:

7. colfar2

colfar2 Junior Member

good morning

well finally lady J took a splash very tense watching her go in but relieved she finaly did . Have a few more things to do but will prevail .

greetings from africa

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.