1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Mas that helicopter is dangarooooos
    when if have been hanging onto my little random sander for 30 minutes my arms want to fall off
    that thing needs 2 guys
    hydraulic powerpack to drive a sander - jeez are the ozzies goin bonkers :D

too much roo meat and piss beer and not enough "shielas"
    oh dear what is the world coming too ;)

2. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Just a question
    why on eatrh do you want to sand sooooooo maaaaach
    ouch eina pain sheeeet awww awwww
    tears crying :eek:

3. Alan M.

Alan M. Senior Member

Saves you hundreds of hours torture boarding. It's a wonderful thing.

4. masalai

masalai masalai

did you read the text that I posted? - - Oh the other "do" it is a VERY effective alternative to the use of "the long board" or "torture board" in fairing large areas easily, effectively and relatively painlessly... air drive (needs a fairly potent compressor) drives the 4 blades fitted with "velcro sandpaper" and the exhaust air sucks and redirects the dust away from the operator... Very quick so keep it moving or you will make more grooves... you can see by its size against my foot (which is 12 ins long) that it is NOT a toy, and can deliver serious cutting power...

Manie,
    Do you know what "torture boarding" is? - - Well, if you have ever had more than 4 orgasms in an hour? then you may understand the difference - but NO this does not necessarily give you any orgasmic experiences but the comparative difference between using a helicopter with torture boarding is close

5. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I think it's a good idea. It should work quite fast as well.

So, that's to thin the hulls down to save on some weight ;) The thing works like a polisher and you just push it over the surfaces you want smoothed.

If you explained previously, sorry I seem to have missed it. There was probably something about gold in the post so I might have skipped it. The only time I look when there's gold is when it's golden nipple clamps or golden piercings on various places... you know, that shiny stuff. Mmmm... I was wondering about you going on about it so much... :D

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Fanie,
    You "gotta know where its at":D:eek:

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Withdrawn by hoytedow "It probably plays BeeGees music. "

Now that would have earned you another "token of approval" which I am unable to now verify :eek: ;)

8. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

I withdrew it because the timing was off . It was supposed to answer the question "What does it do?":D

9. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Thanks for the "token almost".

10. Alan M.

Alan M. Senior Member

Actually it's hydraulic powered, you don't need a compressor at all. You could connect a vacuum cleaner to the hose to remove dust.

It doesn't rotate very quickly, I'd say less than 100 RPM, probably closer to 1/2 that, and is quite easy to control.

11. masalai

masalai masalai

Alan you spoilt it, bugger:D:D:D - - The first one I saw was air (and was just the head - also from ATL services) - I used it on part of "Schools Out"...

12. masalai

masalai masalai

OK I have enjoyed a bit of fun today (on other threads:D:D), Thanks folks.... Now to the serious business of boatbuilding with some images? - 1) 4 seconds with the helicopter but the marker is not co-operating for some reason? - 2) Port bow just above the deck level - 3) Starboard bow same height (hands holding the camera above my head - 2 lucky shots) - 4 Well aft of the aft hatch looking forward over the decks of the Port hull...

Attached Files:

13. masalai

masalai masalai

Today's images include part "helicoptering" finished, 2 views from aft (atop a ladder) of the bridgedeck and boat - getting there, 2 from the bows - looking better every day... This little vegemite is mightily pleased:D:D - Tomorrow is probably a day off following a night at a rock concert or something...

Attached Files:

14. boat fan

boat fan Senior Member

yeah mas .......what gives ?:D oh bugger ...have to read a lot to catch up .....

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Definitely looking like a boat now mas, I can see it now.

Have you decided how you will calculate the water line? Or does it come with the plans and you add ---say, about, somewhere near 1/2 an inch for the washing machine and battery bank.

Speaking from experience you will never get it spot on first time --close, even damn close but---.

Never mind any way she's a cat you can alter it on some deserted beach.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.