1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

No comment, but then again, I cannot help myself :D :D :D :D :eek:

Next week I will personally do the little job of fitting the new propellers, as I have removed the old folding propellers... A bit of a patch-up at the lower end of the stbd? mini-keel - I think I struck a bit of sunken debris (aluminium dingy or crab-pot?) in Pumicestone Passage, and flattened whatever it was... minimal damage to CNO - cosmetic mainly...

2. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Oram site?

I tried to connect to bob oram wordpress and it says site deleted by owner?

Is this correct, has he got a new site?

can't find anything

:?:

3. sabahcat

sabahcat Senior Member

Same here
    Cached copy works

4. masalai

masalai masalai

http://scrumbleproject.wordpress.com/ in Darwin - Tom & Judy used to maintain his site...

He may have retired? - Contact Tom & Judy is all I can suggest as a link to his work is no longer there?

On my boat, fitted new 3 blade fixed propellers 15 x 12 Lets see what happens now?
    - A minor ding at the lower forward edge of the stbd mini-keel is now stronger than before... I figure that it may have been a small aluminium dingy that had sunk and drifted up Pumicestone Passage after the floods a while ago... - the water was still (then) very murkey and the object was not very robust and in about 4 ft of water... (The boat draws 3ft 3 inches in trim at that time...)

5. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Jeez it would be silly for Bob not to start doing these things himself
    I mean after he was involved with this MONSTER cat for a very rich HAIRDRESSER he should be on his way to Hollywood and stardom ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yrCh8NKMXyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHWnAQ-47bI&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXv40sUSD1w&feature=related

Mas just a silly question from a backyard boy in a third world country
    how the FFFFF does a hairdresser make sooooo much money on your "Gold Coast"
    I mean do the folks there by you live so well that they can just thow money around all day long on hairdo's. California is far away where all the women sport "breasts" from some doctor with a TV reality show. Oh dear I must educate myself on these beauty matters, my ignorance is showing. BTW Hollywood boobies are ugly, it always makes me think that if they puncture, the lady will blow away like a balloon - fffrrrrtttt swoooosh and gone. Hell maybe that is the intention of how to get rid of such a woman, she simply blows away on her own "fart" cushion.

Maybe Bob doesn't need a website anymore, maybe he is in fulltime employ of the hair crowd :D:D:D

6. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Gratz on getting your propellers fitted, mas. Like a lot of other folks here, I'll be waiting for a field report to see how the boat does with them.

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Never ever get rid of a woman that blows, they are not always replacable,----oh yes they say they do in the interveiw but put a ring on it and the rules change.

8. sabahcat

sabahcat Senior Member

Worked his ring off, worked smart and built up 40 something Salons and a restaurant
    http://www.stefan.com.au/history.html
    http://www.stefan.com.au/locations.html

or maybe it was drugs:confused:

I have no reason to believe it was from drugs, , but his "Skyneedle " does look like a giant syringe
    [​IMG]

9. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Thanks for the info
    so Stefan is the man! tower and all ;)
    sharp cookie after all

haven't even found one :eek:
    bit of a taboo in our Nederdutch Reformed pro Hitler Apartheid Regime
    we were so brainwashed (German and Latin at school) it's even still evident now after all these years

anyway
    Mas my mate is also waiting for propellors
    3 blade fixed for the 2x Volvo saildrives
    boat is ready to be launched very soon now

:)

Attached Files:

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

If you can find time to put a name on it it is way ready to launch.

There is a guy here on the Island has taken 7 years to build a catamaran, it was to be launched last July now its Dec but already it is now Feb --hes scared of it.

11. masalai

masalai masalai

Please post an image on this thread of the Thai/Malaysian Cat - - Frosty? - I would like to see what he is scared of?...

Manie, - - how about a view of the underwater lines from aft and fwd? that boat looks very interesting...
    Stefan, (pronounced as in a girls name, Stefany without the y), certainly worked his butt off - the ladies loved him (they felt safe and were tickled by his feminine touch and well tanned & groomed Italian appearance?) - He was also one of the originals to self-promote heavily on TV, and his hairstyles seemed to be really appreciated - an artist in coiffure?

Thanks Troy,
    Boat now does 9 knots on both at 3000 so an improvement there in terms of speed and fuel-economy as 3000 rpm = 3 litres burn/hour each... - On either engine 3000rpm = 6 knots so I am well pleased... - - I am not sure of the tidal influences there as there are patches in excess of 3 knots of occasions... When I have saved up for another load, (1500litres), of fuel (present price at the bouser is about Au$1.51/litre - - LOTS MORE AT MARINA"S), and do my next long run, I will likely have a better idea...

New propeller... image DSCN4568 - See where a dog (or someone?) had a pee on my mini-keel? - it shows that the copper is working...

Attached Files:

12. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Mass --- Well Im not sphyiciatrist infact I can't even spell the word but he said last time that he has to have power cables removed, I think he would have known that 7 years ago.

Hes just so slow --it took him 3 months to fit the shafts and rudders.

Hes become landlocked and lost it, no photos sorry I havnt even seen it.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  13. masalai

masalai masalai

Here she is earlier this morning (low tide was 09:02h z) sitting on her mini-keels... Draft is 36inches, LOA ia a touch under 40 ft BeamOA is 21 ft and with the VHF aerials down I have an air draft of just under 14 ft...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  14. masalai

masalai masalai

Surprise, surprise - - - During the quiet of the full tide not yet turning, I did a couple of brief measurement runs against the GPS showing 9 strong satellite signals the boat did 6.7 knots running beam on to the prevailing 6 knot breeze on either engine in turn, with the other turned off and with the propeller free rotating in neutral doing the same velocity in the reciprocal direction... engines were showing 3000 rpm when engaged (otherwise 0 rpm - stopped & in neutral) - with BOTH at full throttle - 3600 rpm I got 10.1 knots... Bloody amazing...

Stern view, but at anchor... (previous speed tests I had the tender on tow astern... This time I pulled the tender up to clear the water on the port stern section...) Bridge-deck clearance aft, about 750mm...

Attached Files:

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

My peace has been shatered by a little fury animal more commonly kown as R_A_T.

It not on the boat but seems to like to visit the aft deck at night, evidence being a hole in the bottom of the wifes shopping bag and a hole in plastic packaging of a loaf of bread. What the bread was doing there during the night has already been disgust at length if you know what I mean and alterations to unloading of shopping been approved.

However,--the rat,--- I obtained a rat trap,- I thought a suitable impliment for such occasions and set it using toasted bread ( seeing it like it so much to destroy my bag)

It did not work , trap empty and still primed and bated, Damn.

Next night a forgot to set the trap and left it on but it would be impossible to snap shut, the bate was gone. Ive never seen the missus laugh so much and accused me of being out smarted by a rat. Ill get the basterd tonight. War is on.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.