1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

Judy,
    Thanks for the info - I almost got there - lastpost but not the middle hyphen - lets see if I can fix it... OK fixed - Oops - not quite, still goes to page 10 unless it does not recognise a self made new-post:D:D:D

I have been looking around IN AUSTRALIA (as foreign-exchange rates would kill importing considerations at present) for 48VDC diesel gensets of 8000 to 10Kwatts to charge spiral wound AGM type cells and drive the boat with electric motors - - - the Kubota 900cc 3 cyl @ >3000rpm or the 1100cc @ 1500rpm could deliver but all gensets on offer seem to be from trucks or 240vac and not the brushless 12 to 16 pole efficient ones I seek - Oh well - continue searching... The FischerPanda may be on display at the Sanctury Cove Boatshow... I will just have to wait till then :D:D:D

2. judy

judy Oram 44C Builder

Looks like you still have this in your signature block:

"http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-building/my-little-piece-peace-25962-10.html"

It should be:

"http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-building/my-little-piece-peace-25962-new-post.html"

Remember, the url appears twice - once as the "label" of the link and once as the actual link. The actual link is what you see in your status bar when you hover over the link label.

1 person likes this.
  3. masalai

masalai masalai

OK got it now, the address did not like being edited and showed one location as well as the new one (the latter being the only one visible to me) so a delete, refresh to affirm, then copy and past the text from your posting (email copy) fixed it up - Thanks :D:D:D

4. judy

judy Oram 44C Builder

Good Idea using the email copy. :)

5. masalai

masalai masalai

Here is today's update... - progressing nicely... with the addition of some bulkheads and getting close to turning over to do the outside joins, prepare the bottom and add the secret chocolate stuff:D:D - then the same for the other hull, then JOIN..... Getting exciting - and one can watch this baby growing...

Attached Files:

6. Boston

Boston Previous Member

congrats Mas you are gettin her done

7. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Have you decided on a theme for a housewarming card yet :D

8. masalai

masalai masalai

Fanie - still thinking - possibly along the lines of - - - "...Gimme all yer GOLD...:D:D - I need it more'n you..." - - - and I have a good "door prize" for the biggest "donation" over AU$1000 - one of my computers with 5.1 (or is it 4.1?) sound, some 25 hours of music, 23" 1920x1080 screen, able to play DVD from any region, 2 DVD burners, 4G ram, 500G HDD with 27 movies - and enough software to satisfy most users....

9. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I was thinking he should have a toga party and invite all the nurses
    just a thought
    B

10. masalai

masalai masalai

Huh? you talking to Fanie with a gallery of blonds at call? - remember you folk are supposed to bring the presents, and I provide the venue, nibbles and booze...

11. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I was going to bring the fish shaped salt and pepper pots for the boat.
    Mas has to provide the venue, nibbles and booze... and the ... is the reason why we'll pitch for sure :D

12. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Hold it fellas, no popping corks yet, just cos Mas has stuck a few bits together doesn't mean we start celebrating yet

I reckon we should wait till at least she gets wet........then we can say, "yeah, should have done the waterline later eh."

13. masalai

masalai masalai

Awww Gosh-darn it Landlubber, I was working up to selling someone the rights to the Brooklyn Bridge.... - The centreline is marked for one of the hulls - does that count? and the waterline will be marked before turning upside down to finish the bum and put "chocolate mix" (copper-powder) on below the waterline ... easier to work on top looking down than on yer back looking up :D:D

14. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Mas,

Every two year old knows the Brooklyn bridge is not for sale.....but wait......there is a new bridge that goes from Shanghai to Ningbo, now there lies a few bob, I bet no one has shares in that yet....go give it a go.

You can use your gold to gold plate it, they would like that....

15. masalai

masalai masalai

That is an old Buddhist trait (on some of their venerable sites) I think the Chinese may be against that - besides they have more gold than I....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.