Manie's TEN

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Manie B, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Jamie Kennedy

Jamie Kennedy Senior Member

Makes me think I need to get busy.

2. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Folks just some good stuff for the day ;)
    to make you smile and ponder

Webb Chiles writes:-

http://www.inthepresentsea.com/the_actual_site/wit.html

progress on the ten is very good, more pics next week
    little things that actually don't photograph very well but good for posting anyway

3. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Well folks - we have a name for the ten -

Celebrator

Anthony and I both like the name, we had many options, but finally settled on Celebrator :) :) :)

I also started a Facebook page - Ten Yacht Racing - for the folks that are interested in this type of boat and the challenges that it represents.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ten-Yacht-Racing/527489434066848?ref=hl

The Facebook page is the result of the many letters and messages that I have received over the past year and it is very encouraging to see that after all these years, since AIT came about, the interest is still amazingly high.

Please post your ideas - drawings - pictures - suggestions - history - links - anything about small boats there on the "home" of microyachts or pocketyachts. It must please just be about small boats. There are threads and postings scattered all over different forums - websites and different threads and I encourage you to keep on doing that, but you can also post it on Ten Yacht Racing = TYR if you wish.

And yes :) I honestly wont mind if you post the link to Sailing Anarchy where my TEN was criticized as ugly and stupid. :eek: :eek: :eek:

The concept is that this need not be a "around the world" adventure, if you like the idea of shorter challenges, one week, one month, that's also very good. Build a TEN and have fun, you have company ;)

Ok - on my side - working very hard on the little things and will make time soon to up date and post pictures.
    I am working on getting all the necessary "approvals" - Floatation certificate - COF - Registration. In this country these things can take time.

For me SaToSa is the goal and that is what I am working towards.
    We will run SaToSa under the wings of Ten Yacht Racing !!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Satosamicroyachts?ref=hl

4. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

5. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

6. colfar2

colfar2 Junior Member

Morning all
    Had the chance to go past manies house on Saturday and the Privalage to see and sit in the TEN . Was very surprised at the space Inside you dont feel trapped in there. keep up the great work manie
    Cheers

7. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Good morning Colfar,

I wonder if Manie is going to add a winch to drag the water reservoir and battery to the windward side of the hull for counter weight ? Be like a ballast and "the crew" doesn't have to hang over the side while sharks take a snap at you. Could be running on a rail under the floor board. One could perhaps even have the sail's force pull the weight to windward side, so when you tack the weight automatic shifts to windward.

8. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

:D thanks Colin

working very hard on the next blog post which is the important one with the interior finished and all the instruments mounted

:D even Fanie is going to be impressed ;)

9. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I'm impressed already Manie, any one who can get a new project done when you have to pay 14 x more than the Americans, 21 x times more than the English, and 15 times more than Europe impresses me.

The Ausies don't count because they are too far yonder, sorry mate :D

Of course if they buy anything here they pay that much less. I'm surprised they don't have ALL their stuff made here. The English can buy a boat at 5% of it's value from here.

Come think of it, I don't think the Ausies build any boats, any boat going loose off our coast must be drifting down there, they simply collect them and hold them ;) Lotsa beach balls, surf boards, bra's and so on.

10. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Correct Fanie

The harsh fact of the matter is that to build and finance a project like this is very expensive anywhere in the world. If it were not for my partner Anthony in Dubai it would have taken me many years to finance it alone.

Just on the side :D
    Anthony has been transferred to Sydney Australia from where he will be setting up the new branch of Tokyo Japan
    ;) so no more jokes about them folks down under
    ;) and definitely no jokes about our good friends in Jap land

so sheilas and geishas here we come :p:p:p

anywaaay we still gotta live and carry on here at the dark tip of the lost continent with the new Chinese mafia bosses and their Indian co-rulers
    :p:p:p:p:p

hopefully life under the dark? shadows of mega ego Trump the superman could be better - :p wall and all (that has got to be "pretty" in his own words) good luck to the folks on that side of the big blue ball.

sorry I'm digressing, the "ten" boat "Celebrator" is coming along fine and the blog post of the interior, all painted and very pretty with ALL instruments mounted - is around the corner
    this I promise you - it's looking good - really really good
    even the guys that think it's ugly :p will have to concede that I ain't bad at all ;)

I see Sven is going to make sure that nobody and I mean NOBODY is going to sail a boat smaller than his, regardless of how you measure, that boat is TINY compared to my ship with all the expensive bells and whistles :eek:

enjoy folks speak soon

11. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Hello Manie,

Please tell Anthony in Dubai he has a new best friend :D

OK, I'll leave the okes down under alone, but only if they return my hat I lost in the surf last time I was in Moz. It should be there by now...

And we must really talk to the guys in the US. Stop voting for film stars and rich people. Find someone who is honest for a change, I'm sure there are one or two left ;)

If you want to know how politicians sleep at night, well, first they lie a bit on the one side, then they lie a bit on the other side.

12. LP

LP Flying Boatman

I might vote for Trump only because he ain't no politician! :p

Sorry for the politics, Manie. I'll go away now.

13. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

Occasionally I wonder if the start of it wasn't payback for Bloom County, Trump Dumps, Bill the Cat, brain transplants and how the strip ended.

14. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Interior

A picture paints a thousand words

:cool:

here is 2 ;)

I will finally sit down tomorrow and update the blog and write more
    As for now it's time to sit back and have a beer

This has been A LOT OF WORK - really really a lot of work to get to this point
    and as we all know, it ALWAYS takes twice as long as you were hoping and planning for
    day after day after day
    you loose track of time
    and often I don't even know what day of the week it is

anyway very relived now and tonight I shall sleep like a child.

enjoy :D :D :D

Attached Files:

15. Westel

Westel Senior Member

Whow Manie !!!!

Mighty nice work !!!!!.......sadly, only those who've been there (building a boat) know how much work went into that so far;
    Seems like alot of space for a "tenner".

Thanks for the pictures.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.