I need Help here

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Steamboatwillie, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Steamboatwillie

Steamboatwillie New Member

I want to float down the ohio river to the mississippi river then to the gulf so I am looking for plans for a boat that can float in shallow and deep water and keep two people dry on the deck of it. It needs to have enough room for each person to lay down and enough room for supplies.I am looking for a raft design like a flat platform. I also would like to keep this project cost under 150 bucks. If you guys could give me details or links I would greatly appriciate it.

2. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

http://duckworksmagazine.com/05/contest/winners.cfm
    designed to go down the Missouri to New Orleans. You want something other than a raft, you wouldn't survive the motor boats and pwcs let alone the barge traffic. Sorry, but the days of Tom and Huck are long gone. You need something that can take a decent wave and keep the water out; something that has enough power to get it out of the way of bigger stuff.

Steve

3. Thunderhead19

Thunderhead19 Senior Member

It can be done!!!! I won't go into any details except to say that 2X4s, and plywood are really inexpensive at a used building supply house, and nails and PL Premium are cheap.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.