Houseboat building

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Jennifer B., Aug 3, 2005.

1. Jennifer B.

Jennifer B. New Member

Where do we find specific information on the proper steps to build a custom houseboat. We recently purchased a houseboat which was a replica of an old paddle wheel boat. The day before the certified marine survey was scheduled, the boat rolled and was a total loss. This boat was my husband's dream and the icon of the lake on which it moored. We've decided to rebuild, bigger and definately better (50'x18' with fiberglass "forever" pontoons). My husband is a contractor and has many talented people at his disposal, however I'm insistant that we start with marine engineered blueprints. We have pictures of the old boat, and sketches of how we'd like the inside laid out. I've tried to locate information to help but I'm not finding what I need. Any suggestions?

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

It's a wise idea to have a good set of plans for any investment of this nature.

If this rings your bell drop me an email.

3. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

you gotta give permission.

Steve

4. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.