Hello world

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by sandman1984, Dec 14, 2005.

1. sandman1984

sandman1984 New Member

whats going on guys. Just wanted to shake everyones hand as I am a new member and what not.

Im a 23 year old in the great state of texas. Somehow I decided I was going to build boats...Whats better right?

So i found a program called hulls, designed a boat, ordered supplies from the web and got to building. I am almost finished with it! So exciting! It will be a sad day when i sell her, but the next one is for me then more to sell.

I decided to do composite stitch and glue style construction after much research. The boat is a 13' car topper boston whaler style hull. Right now im finishing glassing the outside, then I will fair and paint and take to the high seas.

Basically I was wondering if anyone has any advice for a young man with big dreams.

2. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Welcome to the forum Sandman. Move from Texas...:D

3. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Welcome to the forum!

And we always love to see pictures of new boats being built and launched :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.