Have you used Raptor Nails?

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by El_Guero, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Pam Tucker

Pam Tucker New Member

Hi, Pam Tucker here from Utility Composites, maker of RAPTOR composite fasteners. Hoyt & Margaret did indeed stop by and we discussed the different RAPTOR products used in boatbuilding. I don't want to do a sales pitch here, but did want to let everyone know that we do sell direct in most cases, so please contact us. For international, we probably have a dealer in your country from whom you can purchase. We are always happy to answer any questions, technical or otherwise. Contact us anytime. www.raptornails.com or info@raptornails.com or 800-460-6933 or 512-255-8525. Thanks!

2. Herman

Herman Senior Member

Sold them in The Netherlands, and still have some new old stock.

3. jim lee

jim lee Senior Member

We use them. Much of the sailboat we build is infused and uses 1/2" core. The rapter staples are great for pinning things to the core when we dry-stack the parts. Fabric, plumbing whatever. When the infusion is complete we can either leave them or sand off the exposed bits.

So for us they are two thumbs up! We think they're great.

-jim lee

4. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Pam Tucker, it was a pleasure to make your acquaintance and I thank you for taking the time for my questions. The information you shared was very interesting and I will copy it when I dig it out of all the clutter from camping over 2 weeks.

P.S. It was a great trip.

Attached Files:

5. hoytedow

As I prepare the next build I will be needing to get some 1 5/8 nails. I see they are mentioned on the order list only as coiled. I prefer to use a palm nailer and would rather buy them in bulk. Am I taking the right tack(sic) here?

6. hoytedow

Looking back now, I must amend my remarks in favor of 18 gauge brads and short staples.