free 33' Herreshoff Meadowlark in central NJ

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Scott, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Scott

Scott Junior Member

Noticed this in rec.boats.building and thought it might be of interest to folks here as well:

---

I have to move due to a job change and need to find someone to take over this restoration.

it's a 1965 Herreshoff Meadowlark. LOW 33', 2' draft, about 8' beam. no engine. interior removed. hull is solid with 1 spot of rot about 6" x 1" and only about 1/2" deep. below waterline is 1.5", old growth, yellow pine. above water line is 1.5" mahogany. topside is epoxy covered plywood. stern hung rudder with 12", 2 blade prop. shaft in good shape. lee boards in good shape.

both masts are hollow core wood (spruce I think). one has de laminated along the bottom 3' of one side. could be easily re-glued. no physical damage to either mast. 4 sails, in good shape. all rigging, stays, and booms in good shape.

35# danforth-style anchor on 25' of chain and 100' of 1" rope

7 screw-type stands (so 2 can be removed to sand and finish the hull in sections).

battery charger, marine battery, and automatic bilge pump. manual bilge pump with 8' of hose. various brass fittings, plates, and accessories.

this was designed for coastal camping, so you can run it aground to spend the night then float off with the morning tide.

you pay for the moving and you must take the whole package.

da
    davidallen@iname.com

2. Meadow lark Owner

I have a 37' FG Meadow Lark:have had her for 30yrs.She has the original rig.If you parcel out keep me in mind for sails.Thank you

3. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Hi Raymond,

Just a note --- the post you replied to is over two years old.

If you look at the blue bar on the top of each post, it lists the post date and time on the left.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.