Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors
Old 03-30-2017, 10:27 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 1
Carbon MAST tube..

GENTLEMEN , LADIES , FIRST POST .PLEASE BEAR WITH ME..
I HAVE AN IDEA CAN'T FIND ANY PRYOR ENTRIES, DATA, OR INFO RELEVANT.. SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CRITIQUE..
STAYED , MASTHEAD , 6 IN CARBON TUBE , WITH A REMOVABLE MASTHEAD PLATE/CRANE, TO HOLD THREE HALYARDS, SPINN, REACHER, AND JIB.
FORESTAY ,TWO CAPSHROUDS, AND TWO RUNNING BACKSTAYS...VHF ANTENAE,TRI COLOR,WIND INTRUMENT...
MAST STEP, LARGE FLANGE , WITH INTERIOR TURNING BLOCKS FOR ABOVE HALYARDS.
THE TUBE WILL BE 50 FT, AND A 47 FT , 3 TO 1 , PLYWOOD WING MAST ,7 IN X 21IN .WILL ROTATE AROUND TUBE AXIS... ..THE WINGMAST WOULD HAVE ONE MAIN HALYARD AND ONE TOPPING LIFT, WITH EXITS AT 5 FT AND CLUTCHES...
THINKING OF USING 3 TO 5 BEARING SURFACES, ON BOTH TUBE AND PLYWOOD WING MAST .
QUESTIONS : WILL CARBON BE A GOOD BEARING SURFACE .?
Could I simply make a carbon friction BEARING, inner and outer. X5 , MAST head, base , boom point, and two more along axis.??? Lubrication?
Will a 7 inch TUBE be strong enough, ?????
Would I need spreaders on wing section.???
My opinion being an easily rotated , efficient wing section , WITH very little if at all compression loads , very light BUILT and very light OVERALL weight ...
Your thoughts ,will be apreciated...thank you. ..joe