Can I lay Teak when its 4° out

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Boston, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Boston

Boston Previous Member

better yet why would I want to
    Im staying in today

I have a Teak floor in a unheated enclosed porch to finish and I think Im just going to look forward to breaking my back on it tomorrow when its a nice steamy 20° out and my space heaters can make a dent in the temp.

alkali based clear stain as a sealer and tonge oil finish wont like this temp at all either

cheers
    B

2. mark775

mark775 Guest

If I could get the teak in that "just turned grey", nice, even, clean look and stay that way! (somebody will track grit into it, wear ice cleats on it, or comment "what a shame he let the teak weather like that"! All things to make me wanna' turn "Nylex" on 'em. Hai - YA! (dead before they hit the ground)

3. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

No you cannot.....your rubber knee pads will freeze solid. It is freezing here in Knoxville too. A high of about 16* However you can rub teak oil on the floor. But you are correct to stay inside. Stan

4. mark775

mark775 Guest

It's raining up here! I took the opportunity to have the boat set indoors ( due for a deep-freeze early next week) - now there's no excuse!

5. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

yep Boston, have the day off, does you good to just play around for a change instead of nose to the grindstone all the time.

I am still off workk till next Monday....then it all starts over again....enjoy.

6. Boston

Boston Previous Member

well its 2° out now and dropping
    still sunshine though
    just made plans to go check out a movie later and slurping down some beer

am struggling not to get after this perspective drawing on a proposal Im working on

B

7. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

...just drink the beer, the job will still be there tomorrow, but the beer may not!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.