Boat Building from Molds

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by bigmike0601, Jan 2, 2017.

1. bigmike0601

bigmike0601 New Member

Can someone point me in the direction on where to learn the boat building process from a mold? Is there a book or somewhere online that describes the process?

I want to build my own boat from a mold and looking for information on how to do it.

2. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

The only reason to use a mold to build is so you can make several boats. A mold, particularly a female is a costly way to make a boat. If you only want a single or maybe one or two, consider one of the "one off" methods. How many do you want to make? You'll need a stout mold to pop several boats out of it and it'll take several boats sold, from this mold to justify it's cost to build. There are no limited production run boat builders, that are rich or even close to it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.