Problem Maxsurf Modeler 20 v8i

Discussion in 'Stability' started by SBCnaval, Aug 5, 2015.

1. SBCnaval

SBCnaval Junior Member

Hi Everybody!

I'm having a problem with Maxsurf Modeler Advanced. I've got a boat which I can see in all views except in the perspective view. It's like everything is in a point (at zero point), like very small, but the zoom is not working. I don't know if it's something in the settings but the curious thing is that I used Maxsurf 2 months ago and it was working normally, it stop working last week and I don't know if it's something I changed.

I've uninstalled and installed Maxsurf again but I'm still having the problem.

If anyone has any idea is welcome.

Thank you

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

3. SBCnaval

SBCnaval Junior Member

The thing is that it doesn't work even with a simple plane.
    I mean, if I open Maxsurf and I add a plane, for example, I can see it in all views except perspective view.
    I'll try to show you in a picture. (it's like if the perspective view is frozen and I can't do anything on it)

Attached Files:

4. SBCnaval

SBCnaval Junior Member

As you can see in the image above, the box it's in all view fine, but in perspective view everything is concentrated in the zero point and I'm able to select just one point.

5. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

6. SBCnaval

SBCnaval Junior Member

I'm thinking that probably is a problem with the graphic card. I've trying different things and I've been able to get the control points in the perspective view but when I try to do a render everything disappear.
    I've got a Mac Pro and I'm using Parallels to run Windows 8.
    Does anyone know about this? I'm completely lost!!

7. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

SBCnaval the surfaces appear locked so you will not see any control points, also check that the visibility of the surfaces is also turned on. Make sure the edges are turned on in contours as you could just be looking at the grid, turning on the parametrics (mesh) will confirm that a surface is there visually.

8. SBCnaval

SBCnaval Junior Member

Yes, all my surfaces are visible. I've attached a picture in case you see something wrong.
    But now when I do a render everything disappear.

Attached Files:

9. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

In display, rendering, try turning off any hardware acceleration and try a different shading out put like gaussian curvature as a test. Was there a mesh surface?

10. Rabah

Rabah Senior Member

Hi SBCnaval,
    I shall try to help you.
    With Rhino always drawings are made more easy and fast. For that make the following:
    1. Make in Rhino, meters unit, Port Side half of the model. Do not forget to test the sizes in meters.
    2. Make export from Rhino IGES file with basic point.
    3. Open Maxsurf Modeler and make import IGES file. Thus it is necessary to update the coordinate system.
    4. In surface properties it is necessary to make a mark for symmetry.
    5. In Data, Frame of Reference it is necessary to supplement as in the example. It is necessary to accept what - be DWL.
    6. With Perspective, Render we shall to receive 3D view.
    7. With Data, Design Grid must make sections, buttocks and WL -for example 21 sections, 6 buttocks and 6 WL.
    8. In Display, Half it is possible to show the whole model.
    Your file is available and you can work with it in Maxsurf Stability to execute all calculations on hydrostatics and intact stability.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.