Boat Identify (South Africa)

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by billy241072, May 16, 2010.

1. billy241072

billy241072 Junior Member

Hi all.Newbie here.Great site!Can anyone help me to identify this boat please?:confused:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      136.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      152.3 KB
      Views:
  2. billy241072

billy241072 Junior Member

Txs for all the replies.

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Ive no idea either.

4. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Welcome to the forum

You might have a little more luck if you tried it with a different thread title, and get SA in there so you get responses from the few SA gentlefolk. Or try contacting Wynand he might know.

Did you buy it or looking to buy it? and presumably it's a SA production boat?

5. Ike

Ike Senior Member

First: does it have an Hull Identification Number? Look at the upper right corner of the transom (looking at it from outside and behind the boat) it should look like this XXX12345A888 and be 12 digits.

Are there any other identifying marks? Name plates, capacity labels?

Identifying boats from a photo is chancy at best unless you just happen to hit on someone who has or has had one. There are over 4000 active builders and over the last 30 years there have been somewhere around 12,000 who have come and gone.

So, we need more info.

PS
    Sorry, I didn't look at your rprofile until after my post. Your location makes it almost impossible for us to identify this boat. The figures I gave above are for the USA. Boats in some other countries that follow ISO rules do have HINs, but I do not how long SA has been doing that. Plus it appears in the phtos to be wood construction, so it could be a homebuilt.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.