Mystery Boat HELP ME!!

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Lucky1, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Lucky1

Lucky1 Junior Member

Found this boat in a Field have no idea what it is. We think it is some type of Military Boat it has some words on it writen that says starfire. It also has a 4cyn Universal Motor Company Motor Can Any One Shed any light. I have more pictures for those that want me to e-mail them.

Attached Files:

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Try again. Pictures weren't attached.

3. Lucky1

Lucky1 Junior Member

I got pic on now

4. tom28571

tom28571 Senior Member

Doesn't look military to me. It has an Oklahoma registration so you should be able to get some info on the last owner, that is, if you want such info. The motor is obviously an Atomic 4.

5. Lucky1

Lucky1 Junior Member

It's been in a field for 20 years we contacted OK parks and Wild Life. They said that they do not keep records past 3 years

6. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

Well its riveted and the transom curves in at the top so it must the 1960 s..........

7. Lucky1

Lucky1 Junior Member

Thank you all info helps in putting all the pieces togeather!

8. edjunior

edjunior Senior Member

Lone Star?? That nose sure looks like an old Lone Star I had once. You'd think that rocket on the front would be a dead give-away...but I suppose that could be an add-on.

9. Redtick

Redtick Junior Member

Seeing the riveted hull brought back memories of my next door neighbor during the late 60's. He was in his late 50's, me being about 10 years old and the neighborhood pest. He had an aluminum canoe that was riveted. He was always working on water leaks. He would re-buck the rivets, spread tar, or any kind of putty to slow down water leaks. He would take it out over the weekend. Then bring it back with a new set of leaks to work on during the week.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.