construction method

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by schnaarf, Aug 8, 2008.

1. schnaarf

schnaarf Junior Member

Hi, I have scoured the web and requested info from Fountain Powerboats but not found much in the way of their construction method. I am to compare the construction method of 2 similar boats, show the construction method then propose a method for a one off design. The 2 boats i've chosen are a fountain lightning 42 and cigarette marauder 50.

So far i'm not getting much luck, any ideas or insider knowledge/pictures that can get me going?

I am studying Yacht Production and Surveying at Southampton Solent University in England.

many thanks
    Steve

2. KCook

KCook Senior Member

3. 1/4 Miler

1/4 Miler Designer/Crew Chief

As layup schedules and construction methods are guarded company proprietary information, I woundn't expect you'd get many details here, or for that matter, anywhere else in the public domain.

4. schnaarf

schnaarf Junior Member

thanks, yeah its proving hard!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.