SeaRay vs Stingray vs Maxum

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by jjboone, Jul 17, 2008.

1. jjboone

jjboone New Member

Hi Folks,

Am looking to get my first boat, a bowrider. I am considering a '03 Sea Ray 176 SRX, a '02 Stingray and a '03 Maxum 1750 SR. I am interested in ease of use/maintenance, something quick and sporty, easy to load/unload, pull a skier/tuber and fish. Any strong opinions on what would be an ideal starter boat among these choices? All 3 have 3.0L Mercruiser engines (135HP). Thanks.

2. KCook

KCook Senior Member

In theory at least the finish and appointments on the Sea Ray should be a little better than you find on the other boats. However, this advantage can easily be blown away by neglect, so it's the actual condition of the boats that counts the most. Not the brand. Here is a link to a thread on another site that should help -

Buy used boat. What to look for on I/O motor/drive?

Kelly Cook

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.