Zoo burglars steal baby penguin

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by kach22i, Dec 21, 2005.

1. kach22i

kach22i Architect

2. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

From that article (apart from the fact they'll steal anything these days - this is tatramont to murder and should be treated accordingly) could somebody explain what a "marine fish" is as compared to any other fish?:confused:

3. kach22i

kach22i Architect

4. safewalrus

Still no news on this poor wee fella, once there is I'll post it pronto but it ain't looking good!:mad: the reward is up near £10000 but nobodys listening, sad with a full grown one it must be **** for an infant (unless of course it's dead already):(

5. safewalrus

Latest on this (27 December) is that the parents of the beastie have given up calling to him and are now nesting again, hoping to make a new one - well they've got all these Christmas presents and they have to give them to someone! That's Penguins for you, very shallow, don't mind who they give pressies to!:rolleyes:

6. kach22i

kach22i Architect

How freak'n sad - they have been calling out for their lost baby this whole time? Must of been emotionaly painful to listen to day after day.

7. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

I don't know..... it is just a penguin. The fact that it's in a zoo to begin with seems sort of sorry. The fact that people can raise $43,000 for a reward for a penguin but other people go hungry seems sort of sorry. There doesn't seem to be any balance there. That a human kills one penguin and it makes such a stink, but whales and sharks kill thousands, and not always for food, but that's OK, isn't that discriminatory or rascist, kinda? On the one hand they will call out for their own lost baby for days,which is nice, but on the other hand they will ignore for days the call of a baby that has lost it's parents and do nothing but shun it until it starves or freezes or gets ate. What's up with that? Sam

8. safewalrus

Hey Sam the French have a term "C'est la vie" which seems to cover. 'Thats Life' nothings fair or indeed sensible, and if it is your either lucky or part of a big scam (or own a fu**ing big gun!):D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.