Where Are The Women

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Wynand N, Dec 5, 2004.

1. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

I don't think we need to know what your doing to find that out Wellimena darlink;)

2. costa

costa Junior Member

oh..just was walking aroud and decided to stop and say..here is another one woman on this site...i am, a young designer :)
    hi to everybody

3. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Welcome Costa. But suggest for the time being you avoid this segment of the forum - it seems to be the 'rutting' season in the northern hemisphere - dialogue knee-deep in testosterone. Ageing seamen everywhere....:p

4. seadogs20

seadogs20 Junior Member

Hello Costa, Watch out for the scurvy dogs and you'll be fine :)

5. Ari

Ari Patience s/o Genius

He..he..woman eh..

Wow..I had missed this thread..for so long.. just noticed it today..:) received an e-mail from ma friend title midnight girlfried..they make Lou Ferrigno the Hulk look humble..:eek: don't know either should them be clasified under female or others..:confused: not very sure..any of them around here or not..scary man..:D :D

6. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Hello Costa
    You are welcome. Which part of Russia? Are you working with commercial or private vessels?

7. boltonprofiles

boltonprofiles Senior Member

Hello Costa, watch out for the sharks...................

8. costa

costa Junior Member

hi
    I am from Nizhniy Novgorod, central-european part of Russia. Just was graduated a month ago, but was working in this field something as 3 years.
    Mainly working with private vessels, confronting with commercial only in 3d modeling and rendering

Thanks to all of u :) will watch out

9. Wellydeckhand

Wellydeckhand Previous Member

Hi COSTA....... went away for a while and found a russian girl in thye backyard........ it is a pleasure......... welcome aboard...... watch out for Ari he got 2 wife..............:):):)

10. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

Costa,
    I like very much your catamaran design, congratulations.
    Murielle:
    I love your PéPé Berrou project. Nice work with the CAD. I love traditional wooden boats.
    Cheoylee:
    I look forward to see soon your designs in these forums. Enjoy the Landing School.

By the way, I have two NA girls working with me at the office. Excellent professionals, as well as work-dedicated and loyal people. Much more better things to say of them than of the NA boys I've employed (and fired) before.

(Well, as a matter of fact I have 4 people working with me, and they are all women)

11. Vega

Vega Senior Member

Hei Guillermo, you are full of surprises.:p

Please post the links to those drawings or boats, I want to see them too.:cool:

12. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Yes, welcome Costa...But ignore Wellydeckhand - Ari's got five wives...and at last count 36 children....:D

13. Guillermo

Not only Kate, but Leo Lazauskas too. Just see Kate's thread and you'll find him saying goodby. And it's a real pity as he was a really knowledgeable man who had posted most interesting contributions. I wrote him and he told me he was no longer interested in participating in a Forum were people were more concerned with their own bizarre personalities than in sharing useful information, after your most clever posts at that thread... Thanks a lot, Trouty.

14. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

At the risk of alienating quite a few members with thin skins, Guillermo, and as probably one of the 'offenders' I should point out that much of 'humour' originates from those members who have lived and worked at sea, rather than the 'weekenders' and drawing-board mariners (but none-the-less valuable members) who only occasionally 'dip' their toes in the brine.
    A rough humour (hard to remove) becomes a patina for those who have spent much of their life in wet clothing, hearts in mouth, and on a diet of mildewed rations. Survival comes through not taking anything, except the essential, seriously. Walrus for one, and myself for another, I know have been working seamen - and paid our rites of passage. We have the practice and not just the theory.
    However, should the more diletente members wish it, I for one will, with regrets, withdraw from this forum. :(

15. Guillermo

Humour is not the problem, and some of it is absolutely necessary to relax and enjoy life in a friendly manner. I like very much intelligent humour. I believe we can post humoroius posts whithout offending people. We shouldn't forget we do not know each other as well as to allow ourselves to say things we can say only to a close friend.
    Believe me, I can be as ironical as anybody and if I want to be really 'bad' I can too. But what will I win with that? Friends? Making me feel better with myself? I'm too old and my life is rich enough as to feel the necesity to go back to my teen years, when I needed to reinforce my own personality. No way.
    I believe it's only a matter of using a little bit of politeness and a sense of balance. That makes life kindest for everybody.

Why? You're a nice guy...:)