US Navy: There are several of us trying to put the crazies back in the box

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by kach22i, May 16, 2007.

1. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Yeah lets ban knifes! hang on how do I cut my steak up? I'll become veggie, how do I cut my potatoe up? So maybe banning knifes is not a good idea (or we could blast em apart with guns! or get jack to bore the backside off the thing and it will all turn to mush so all we need is a spoon - not a bad idea save a fortune in dentists bills! But they use knifes and drills and they cut - ban 'em!!

2. safewalrus

cheers Tim, nice to see an honest man amongst us!

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

A sad tale.

A man recently bought a boat here in the marina. He went back to America for a break with out taking it out . I heard today he has been shot dead in the street in the USA.

4. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

there is always 2 sides to every story,why was he shot dead? was he someware or doing something he shouldent have?very ,,very rarly,someone is killed from random. perhaps his wife found out about the boat ,longliner

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Ha ha maybe,, I dont know what happened, I just heard today.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  6. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

still sorry about your new friend,.........it the world we have now.longliner

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I didnt know him.

But isnt it unlucky to get shot on Fridays?

8. safewalrus

Extremely so - you have the whole weekend ahead! No better to get shot on the Monday when you have a hangover! Better still shoot the other guy first, when he has a hangover!

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I beieve being shot hurts when its cold out.

10. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Where is this one going?

So was I wrong tonight???

A truck is following me through many intersections, down to a remote deadend at a fishing spot on a lake. I'm talking like 5 miles and 7 turns!

At each turn I can hear him revving up his Dodge Ram pickup.

So as I get toward where I'm going, being a little concerned, I put a tactical folding knife into my pocket,. Had it in my center console.

He turned off a 1/5mile from where I was going. I felt perfectly justified in putting that knife in my pocket though. Just hoped he was not packing a piece. :)

Take care guys.

Tim

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I would not have continued driving along untill I reached the dead end. I would definately have pulled over or looked to be,-- to see if he will pass. If he didnt and it was obvious he was a nutter I would have spun it round and headed off back to civilisation and the police station.

If he had have got out of the car I would have ran over him.

It would then be a mere car accident instead of premeditated muder.

12. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Jack,

He was never close enouph, or aggressive enough to really "raise my hackles".
    He was long & complrx enough behind me to take notice. Thats why I made the knife handy.

I can't hang with running to the cop station at that first sign of threat. I know. "macho american", maybe so. Cops are not everywhere I am, "I Am".
    Nobody gonna keep me alive but me, no excuses, no apologies.

Do appreciate your thoughts though, as they always cause you to examine your own more closely. Thanks.

Tim

13. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

Frosty methinks you more than Somewhat naive, you are on a lonely road, this guy has a Ram with a 300bhp Cummins, with enuff torque to fry you without tryin and you are going to run him off the road, um ?, when i travel I take a big stick and a long carving knife, 3 times I used both to chase off thieves in Italy, UK and Romania, I,m not a weakling, and I get very um angry!! But I have no answers for a Dodge RAM AND A 30.06, YA see this is what we mean by gunlaws, like here and italy and uk I know I can fight back, if I have to, cos they do not have guns One cant run away from a gun. And if I had been Timbo, I would have been bloody scared. So this kinda settles to any sane mind, IF there are no guns we dont have a prob,?
    Hey Max, I have only got as far as wrapping your book,

1 person likes this.
  14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

No I wasnt suggesting you do but if this guy is just hanging in there behind you,-- pulling into the cop station or gas station, would definately get him to make a desicion.

I have been followed like this myself. Twice actually . On both occasions it was plane clothes police.

I went absalutely nuts , I called them all the names I could think of , I challenged them to arrest me.

What a stupid thing to do. We dont have guns In Uk you see. All you get is shouting and abuse.

Even the police dont have guns, unless its changed.

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I think you need to calm down lazy --youle have a stroke.

Where did you get the bit about 300Hp cummins. No one mentioned that.

Niether did Tim say he was out powered.

Calm collected behaviour came through at the end of the day, Infact there was'nt an issue here at all.

Getting out of you car after a 4 wheel slide standing in the middle of the road roaring like King kong with a big stick in your hand at a lttle ole lady that couldnt change gear very well and was lost.

Cant tell me im wrong --now one knows who was in that truck.