US Navy: There are several of us trying to put the crazies back in the box

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by kach22i, May 16, 2007.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Thats life, I and millions of others who are capable of having a drink and yet STILL drive better than most cant any more.

The laws of the world are set up for the lowest dumbest person on the planet. It will get worse>

1 person likes this.
  2. TerryKing

TerryKing On The Water SOON

Australia... I didn't understand..

I've been ignorant of what happened in Australia. I feel really nervous about ANY 'Government' that does not trust it's citizens to have guns. I'm all for not allowing criminals, or disturbed people to have guns, and having background checks. And crimes involving guns should be very harshly treated.

But when law-abiding people can't have guns, they are as helpless as the students at V. Tech were against one little person with a gun.

And when/if the political situation gets stupid enough, then those who ignore the law are in control. Like numerous African and Middle Eastern countries.

I have many friends who were forced to evacuate from their home and country in the middle of the night with armed bands shooting in the street. One student at my wife's school spent the last 15 minutes in his childhood home pulling the hard drive out of his computer and putting it in his jacket, and running out the door. Ivory Coast. And that's just one story...

We need to appreciate and guard the luxury of a responsible democracy.

1 person likes this.
  3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Terry ,--I see your a violin player --thats good you should do more, it will relax you.

As far as your opinion of arming every one (kids too I presume?)

Fortunately not everyone agrees with you, and fortunately for the rest of us thats a good thing, because if they did then this is as good as it gets, or do i mean it will get worse.

Well it aint gonna get better if we all go out and get guns is it?

4. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Well said Terry.

You in the Green Mountains, on the Lake..?

Tim

5. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

Im going to talk about guns and gun ownership,,so the squimish should avoid .,,the police are overwelmed ,,it takes a few minutes ,,if not longer for them to arrive . if I have weapons in my house ,my family is safe ,,right now ,,not ten minutes later,,if you own guns (weapons) you should know how and when to use them ,,so should your spouse ,,and your children I dont want to hurt nobody ,,but there are people who have no dirsgaurd for others ,,they only care about what they want and thier needs,,,so they have no problem taking from us ,,I risk my life daily to put bread on the table. I have a brother ,,eddie ,,one day I was moving,,,,Eddie was helping me move ,, he had a classic 1967 chevy pick up truck ,,one of the niegbours accidently backed into Eddies truck and put a dent in it ,,Eddie said ..no problem,,I can fix that ,,the man was on drugs ,,as Eddie was walking away ,the man pulled out a tire iron and was going to hit Eddie in the head ,,I had my shotgun and racked one into the chamber and told him to drop the tire iron ,,,he did ,I called police,,they came ,,they took my shotgun ,,and took me to jail ,,the man said I pulled the shotgun out ,,so he grabed a tire iron,, and the police belived him ,,also his car was full of beer cans ,,,,,,,Eddie is 100% deaf,,,I saved his life ,,the world is unfair ,,each man must be a worrier to protect his own,,this is only one instance ,,,,longliner

6. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

i,m not going to be in this debate, but I would have done the same, bravo

1 person likes this.
  7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I have a strong feeling this post will not be popular. I will post it any way as i think it needs to have a different veiw of longliners post.

I would have ran out with out the shotgun --probably got there quicker as I didnt need the time to get the gun or load it first.

I dont need a gun against a drunken drug user.

This story is a shame and one thats happened to most of us --a misunderstanding and one word against another.

If the gun had not been involved it would have been a story with a far better ending.

As long as I could have got to the tyre iron before it hit Eddy.

And that is the point,-- you say "I had my shotgun and racked one into the chamber and told him to drop the tyre iron" Were you standing in the street with the gun? had you come out to investigate the accident with the gun?

Im sorry but your words sound like you had the gun at hand.

Im glad eddy was OK.

8. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

I did have a gun at hand ,,since we were moving ,I didnt want to scratch the gun ,,it was one of the last items to go ,,it was leaning against my doorway,to be hand carried last ,,,,by the way ,I do hold grudes,,since then the perpatrator and his sister have died of drug overdose ,,for me ,,good riddence

9. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Ok the Walrus's bit, and you know he just has to have a say on this don't you!

Guns can kill, right? Automobiles can kill, right? No problem owning an automobile is there? anywhere? Yet in the hands of the wrong person.......see above (me? I'm safer with a gun than an automobile - less pollution for a start!!)

The British had their rights to bear arms removed because of the Irish Crisis in the early part of the 20th Century (the goverment was scared they may be unseated [there was more of us than the Irish but it was a good excuse] - sensible people these yanks in some things eh!)

Consider this after reading the above! "The country were only the Police (and the criminals, illegally) have guns is a police state!"

Too damn true it is, how do you defend you nd yours from the drug crazed nutter - no Jack sweet words don't work if you use sweet words he knows he's got a namby pamby do gooder and he's on a winner! You got to hit him hard and keep hitting until totally immobilised - cos hes on drugs he don't feel no pain!!

Gun control - it should be down to the individual how he exercises gun control - for his defence! This does not mean he should own a blldy big artillary piece (but a 105mm Pak how. would be nice - looks good on the drive!)

1 person likes this.
  10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

11. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

12. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Hmm, Have to agree with the Walrus on that one.. Only people are dangerous. "Things" (even guns) are not on their own inherently dangerous.
    However,,, with the way road rage etc is going these days I am glad not every tom. dick and harry can have a gun in his glovebox.

One for the yanks. I think I have the quote correct. "God made every person different, but only Samual Colt made every man equal".

Mychael

13. PI Design

PI Design Senior Member

My turn...

I agree with Jack Frost (and not a lot of people say that!). The main reason put forward for allowing guns is 'cos you're too scared not too have 'em. That's hardly the sign of a civilised society. Without wishing to tempt fate, I live in absolutely no fear of getting shot, because 99.9% of the UK don't own a gun to shoot me with and the other 0.1% concentrate mainly on themselves (not literally themsleves, but their druggie rivals).
    There has been an increase recently in stabbings in England, mainly amongst teenagers. Rather than allowing us all to carry knives (or guns) to defend ourselves with, the govt is trying to crack down on knife ownership, holding amnesties, random searches, education etc. That seems to me a much more sensible solution.
    It always amazes me how blasse Americans are about guns, and yet how critical they are of drinking beer. I know which I'd rather see in a blokes hand as he walks down the street. :rolleyes:

14. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

there were only 44 murders uk last year pop 70 mill, there were 11000 gun murders alone in USA, of coarse we cant blame the guns or the people!! get real!!

15. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

PI I Did not mean you I agree with you