Urgent assistance required in Sweden.

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Bertrill, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Bertrill

Bertrill New Member

Hi all,

I desperately need someone with a digital camera to look at a 30' powerboat for me in Tyringe in Sweden. The boat is out of the water and the owner has provided me with written details but not very good pictures. I really need someone to look at the boat and point out the good and bad bits and e-mail me some good digital photos of all parts of the boat.

Will pay for time and expenses accrued in carrying out the task.

Although a UK resident i am currently working in the Middle East and cant get over to Sweden until June at the earliest.

Alternatively if someone can point me in the direction of an english speaking Marine Surveyor based in Sweden, that would be helpful too.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

could you perchance take a look into yachtworld.com. look up brokers in Sweden and ask someone to do this for you? May cost a few Euros, but

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Tell the owner that you want better pictures?

4. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Getting a local broker is a terific suggestion from Lazyjack so they work like a buyers advocate, might save you more than it costs.All the best in your purchaseing endeavoures from Jeff.

5. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

You a 'walt' mate or just plain 'numpty?'

6. Bertrill

Bertrill New Member

I posted this request after searching the members list and finding a few members here based in Sweden. This post was rather aimed at them as i have not had any replies from the three SIMSA members in Sweden that i have previously e-mailed.

Thanks for the really helpful advice all the same.:) :)

7. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

wot do these terms mean,

8. alan white

alan white Senior Member

http://www.boatsurvey.com/

Might help. Tyringe is on an inland lake I think. Don't know if maybe a west coast surveyor would be better, given that's where a marine surveyor would be located--- on the coast.
    I used to live in Sweden, but I don't know anyone who's qualified for what you need. I saw your request first page when I googled. Good luck.

A.

9. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

oh I forgot to say, If you buy me a return fare, I will go there or anywhere and get you a deal:))

Actually I have done this for bigger boats, and only suggest this option as I know those oil squiilionaires will be paying you so very well:)):)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.