Tired of falling friends...

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Sean Herron, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

What we do is not different from what the extreme can be - we do not put our skins on the line for some foreign government or for our own - but we do put some things up for sacrifice - our mortgages and our childrens future...

Every day we hand to hand that pay check with 'the man' - we surrender a little bit - and in good cases - that 'man' respects our work - as is my case - and then we ALL thank the Democracy that we live in...

One way or another all this means little - but when you see someone close to you falling - what do you do...

You wait and hope they pull out...

SH.

2. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I was on google earth a day or so ago to look at a coastline since you can zoom in for more deatail. What got me is the size of US ! Little specs of dust on a seemingly eternally large earth.

Man is the only living creature to change his environment to the way he likes it. Which is why we call ourselves 'humans'. There are times one feels you can change anything, control everything.

But not everything. There are some things we have no control over, cannot change, and cannot undo. So untill we can go back in time and have control over life and death, we remain to be mere mortals.

As you said, there is of course hope.

I hope your someone is going to be ok.

3. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Sean mate, some times you can make the landing easier, if only by telling them your there, standing ready to help if you can!

I sincerely hope who ever it is pulls out in time, we're all behind you buddy in thought at least - and if thought can help (and sometimes it can) they will pull out - hers hopeing and praying for you and yours!

4. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Falling in what way? Can you be a little more specific?

Alan

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.