ticket to the moon

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by lazeyjack, May 1, 2007.

1. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

never too late Mychael!! when they are 50, they don, t look like dried out prunes, and they are still more like, um Merc 500sec

2. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Ok, I can realte to that.
    Unfortunately I am now less of a "E type Jag" and tending more towards your Rover. Still looks nice but not as fast and runs out of puff sooner. lol.

Mychael

3. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

well when you a re a model A Ford and rally once a year and then have to be hand cranked, you may worry

4. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Trouble is finding someone to take me out for a "ride" Hmm or should that be "drive"..

Mychael

5. PI Design

PI Design Senior Member

Was spelling part of the abract curricukum at your school?

Sorry, only kidding...

Am I right in thinking that Russian medicine is pretty decent, but often quite different to western stuff. I believe they treat asthma differently, and don't use anti-biotics for bacterial infections, but do use anti-viral drugs for viruses?

1 person likes this.
  6. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

sorry I can spell, but oft I can;t type
    medicine has gone backwards, because poeple are so poor, , professors often have to take bribes to pass students, , in former USSR , like Ukraine which is doing rather poorly
    I had a girlfriend in Siberia, cardiologist, been same place since Uni, got fired cos the directer of surgeory wanted his girlfriend there She got 200us a month, now she gets 75!! It is not cheap to live Ru. But there is Ru and Ru, in Moscow fabulous wealth, oligarchs travel to Monaco, and snap up 100miil yachts, they of course know nothing of yachts, but , being SEEN with a toy like this is the name of the game
    Eventually the riches will get distributed, Putin has promised new housing
    you would not believe the potential of this massive country, my tip buy Gazprom,
    When I was in Siberia, I used to often slip fall on ice, and these little old ladies would rush to help!! that does no happen in the West

7. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

8. PI Design

PI Design Senior Member

Thanks Mychael, I wasn't sure what it was called, but that's pretty much what I understood. Both my wife and my sister are asthmatic and both use their inhalers a lot less now than when they were younger. They think they have got better with age, I think they have grown more confident and relaxed and have learned to tell the difference between a real attack and just being out of breath. Real attacks ain't nice at all, but IMO the majority of 'attacks' are not true asthma.

Take care.

9. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Generally it will improve with age, you "grow out" of asthma, although having said that these days there is adult onset asthma. A mate of mine, very fit and also a paramedic developed it.
    Even before I got into a medical career I was aware of my health (good parents helped) so knew how to manage my asthma. Following the current trend of just about everything today a lot of average people on the street seem to be totally helpless/uniformed/ dare I say stupid about their own bodies and self care.

Mychael

10. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

"wake up mate they are light years ahead and thats what the USA Gov is scared of"

I suggest anyone with this view compare the crash rates of US and Russian military or passenger aircraft.

A command economy is buro-rats and thieves , playing "Beggar thy neighbor", hardly an innovation factory.

FF

3 people like this.
  11. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

i have it from many pilots Qantas etc, that their pilots are the best, ever tried landing in artic conditions , well they do it all the time
    It is a pleasure to fly is Ru, for one there are no ******* like there are in your airports telling you , do this , do that You ever been out of you wee rathole?

12. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

Attached Files:

13. Guillermo

Attached Files:

• 19.jpg
      19.jpg
      File size:
      76 KB
      Views:
  14. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

very distinctive and (local) most satisfying constructing in timber , I have not the skills
    The ones I built, seed the lines, as well as harvest , wash, that's the big tumble washer on board, and pack the crop Most is export, but the higher Kiwi dollar has hurt the guys
    however really a low dollar can only be classed as a subsidy
    Apart from the superyacht industry, NZ can no longer compete see www.alloyyachts.co.nz
    it seems hard to believe that the managing directer of that company, which is now a world leader, and I were on the shop floor together in the early 80,s
    if you go to that web address you will see a slide show,

15. Guillermo

jack,
    Our 'mussel boats' also seed the lines, maintain them, harvest and even pack aboard the mussels. The tendency is to do aboard as much work as possible, to give the product an added value for the farmer.
    Nice aluminium yachts!
    Cheers.