Texas Size KILL ZONE

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by brian eiland, Nov 8, 2005.

1. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Ain't "waco" in America, wonderful America, land of the Free (free my backside!) Mugs like the rest of us, just slightly safer mugs 'cos they still got guns. Talking of which they ain't in Waco, cos in Waco, waco Americans killed other waco americans that wanted to be free (OK it was free to pillage a **** and use drugs like all other americans, but at least it was their freedom, and the other americans denied then that right, while all the other bloody americans bayed for blood (didn't really care whose as long as they got blood)!

Yeah I believe in America! They do have one good point they speak a form of language I can nearly undrstand and a terrific litlle girly pop group who speak the truth 'Lamb and Lynx' if I remember rightly - interesting combination of names America at it's best!:D

2. wdnboatbuilder

wdnboatbuilder Senior Member

Hey Max and you thought I was smokin something what about this guy..........wow

3. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Bruce, there are two things to remember about Walrus. (a) He's English; and (b) he once worked on a banana boat. The latter is forgiveable...but as for the first..... I mean - 'Lamb and Lynx' for gawd sake....:(

4. wdnboatbuilder

wdnboatbuilder Senior Member

laughing, better yet humored

5. safewalrus

You know what I like about Scotland - we used Scottish troops to conquer america befor it was america, we then gave it away, we're nice like that, gave Scotland back to them - after all who wanted it?:D

6. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Sorry members - I know this is way off the original subject...but I really must put this 'Sassenach' (corruption of Gaelic for 'he who can't hold his drink') in his place.
    True the English (spits to remove ugly taste) used Scots to 'liberate' America from those dreadful French; used them to storm Quebec; used them (the Thin Red Line) to repulse the Russians in the Crimea;and the Lovat Scouts (Independent Scots Army) in WWII (A Bridge Too Far). The English (spits again) also used the Welsh bowmen to beat those earlier but still dreadfull French at Agincourt...
    Conclusion: The English never do their own fighting....
    As for giving Scotland back...In your foetid dreams, Walrus. You may have broken a few bodies..but never the spirit. "Chlanna Creagallachie..."
    If only Jock MacHadrian had built a taller wall.... :mad:
    Anyway... I thought you and I had teamed up to take the piss out of the Americans...

7. boltonprofiles

boltonprofiles Senior Member

Safewalrus - you wanted it back soon enough when you discovered we had oil..............

8. safewalrus

Which Part of Scotland is Bolton in?

Scottish Oil? now there's a misnomer most of it was actually in the middle! Still is! A lot is nearer Norway than Scotland Just happens to be bloody big ditch in the way so we run it back to Cruden bay etc cos it's easier and cheaper!:idea:

Incidentally most of the 'Work Boats' I were on had Scottish crews, Geordie Engineers and English Officers - sez something. Incidentally the toolpushers were American and boy did we have fun with them!:cool: The home grown article ain't quite the same:D

9. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

I suggest a more proper question, Walrus old mate is: Why Bolton :confused: :D

10. boltonprofiles

I'm ignoring you both.........

11. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

I've just looked it up, Walrus. It seems 'bolt on' is an "overlooked item of little significance added to the main object as an afterthought..." That should clear it up....:D

12. safewalrus

Arh, thanks for that Bergalia, points in the right direction! Actually the place is part ay between Scotland and England, ain't anything really - as the dictionary sez! There is just one small teeny good point though (dunno wever it's worth mentioning) it ain't part of the US of A (wether it's because they don't want it is beside the point)!:mad: :D ooooh! he ain't going to like that!

13. boltonprofiles

I am still ignoring you.............

14. greg simpson

greg simpson all steamed up

why can't any one see that the real reason for the deployment of this weapon is just because cheney and the bush (jekyll and hyde? pinky and the brain????) have had a life-long deep-sea fishing competition and mr.cheney believes he is onto a winner... just imagine bush's face when a whale is slammed on his desk,might sound far-fetched but it managed to take the weight of the report on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction recently...of course cheney could be just after another red herring!

15. BillyDoc

BillyDoc Senior Member

Brian,

I agree with your cause, but you have to remember that here in the States our Fascist government is fragmented into the various Corporate Interests and their Congressional Representatives. As long as saving the whales doesn’t threaten anyone’s profits the idea could fly . . . but if it DOES threaten profits, it’s as good as dead. Even the idea that profits could be curbed by legislation is strictly anathema. We kill babies by the millions all over the third world to protect that principle, after all (http://breakthelink.org/The reason why.php).

I wish I knew the answer to this and other similar problems . . . but the plain fact is that US citizens WILL NOT do the simplest things to protect their own interests, let alone a whales (http://breakthelink.org/UncleSam.php).

So, perhaps the best we can hope for is humor . . . and some of the posts here have surely made me smile this morning.

Bill