Sri lanka a safe country (www.dailynews.lk)

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by gamage, Jan 20, 2007.

1. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

No?......er........must be the way you tell 'em Jack, but you got me there! Down yer we have a morbid fear of treading on ducks! appears that if you do you won't go to heaven but end in a cold place with a bloke called Frost! Terrible - we Never ever stands on Ducks!

2. joe_cope

joe_cope Junior Member

There's nothing like the thrust & cut of a dynamic religious debate, but what does any of this, or human rights violations in Pakistan, have to do with Safety in Sri Lanka?

3. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

About as much as it does have to do with boats... But digresion can sometimes lead to interesting places.

Mychael

4. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Now lets see, if you use a boat to travel the world you may wish to visit Sri Lanka or Ceylon, where it would be useful to know the situation due to the fact that you may have to leave in a hurry due to religious unrest! That bring it back on track? Probably not but hell it's plausable - why does EVERYTHING have to be about boats - yeah I know it's a boat forum, but......

5. charmc

charmc Senior Member

An old marine engineer dies. At the gates of heaven he is met by one of St Peter's assistants, who says, "Sorry, I don't see you on our list. You'll have to go to the other place." An eon or so later St Peter is reviewing the books and finds that a mistake was made; the engineer belongs in Heaven after all. St Pete goes down to see Satan and get the engineer back. "No way", says Satan, that guy's the best thing that ever happen here. He hated the place and started making improvements. Now we've got toilets, running water, even air conditioning in my office. He's staying with me." "I'll sue to get him back," says St peter. "Oh yeah," says Satan, "you can't, 'cause I've got all the lawyers!"

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.