Springbok questions???

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Raven999, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Raven999

Raven999 New Member

I have and old 14-6" aluminum Springbok boat with a fiberglass bow top and windshield. My question is how do i find out the year and any particulars about it? Its a Springbok arrow II and the name plate says " builder: Products Alcan....Model: AL-1-142-10". Ive tried everything to find Springbok info. ..but nothing. Do you know any really good sites with exact ideas on how to put a plywood floor in an aluminum boat...do you attach it to the ribs or does it float ?

First time here looks like a great site!
    Thanks Darrell.

2. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

Springbok is as South African as "Boerewors":D

However, I think your boat is probably an "Impala" as a Springbok is also commonly known.
    BTW, my late Dad had one of these boats and they were very popular here during the 60 and 70"s - sold like sweet cakes....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.