Sout Africa 58- England 10

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by BarendGrobler, May 28, 2007.

1. Trevlyns

Trevlyns Senior Citizen/Member

You give 'em carrots Wynand, ou boet! :D

As an English speaking South African, I too appreciate Afrikaans (which was a compulsory language in school). Actually, here in North east London, when you’re on the tube it’s almost all you hear! There are so many Saffas over here and it’s good to touch base with the mother tongue now and again.
    I think we take English for granted. Wynand and Barend cope extremely well in a foreign language like English – I wonder how you guys would feel in an Afrikaans only community?
    Los my boetties uit! :p

2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

you speak whatever you like mate, its your prerogative
    the most civil of my mates here, esp the woman are fro SA and Zimm
    i am a greatr respecter of languages, IF I could wish for anything it would be the gift of speaking many

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

FORUM ---a place of public speaking!!!

100% in English too. If you want to speak nativley go ahead ---PM each other.

Thanks for the neg rep points. Jeff has repeatedly asked that thy not be used merely for disagreement. Never mind, I will not be so childish as to retaliate.

My fault-- How can I plead for reasoning or common sence from a rugby field.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.