Some one has to start it, Americas default.

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Frosty, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Frosty,

Mate,I have never met anyone that survived a "breakfast" at Mc Donalds...you may have been lucky............

2. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

I meant the breakfast joke..I have to admit I did go to a Mc D the other day for the first time in 15 years ( invite to pre meeting meeting) and found out they do Cappuccino and I did survive it.

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I consider it a weekly treat. In a muslim country pork sausages are not available but they do have chicken sausage and I have to admit Mc donalds just gets the spices right. During the week days its a special price of just over a dollar and ofcourse as much coffee as you want.

Its also my supply of pepper those little packets mount up and keep me in pepper. If I came home without the missus would stop me from going on my own. I dont have any egg or hash browns as Im only allowed out with 4 ringet, ---Such is the economy and frugality has become a daily routine.

4. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

How about the way the Japs like to do business,
    we need to steal a few bucks out of this merger ( well everybody does that) so 30% of the cost will be the fee to some shell compnay nobody has ever heard of
    nice work if you can get it Olympus board....

5. masalai

masalai masalai

Great stuff everyone - Thanks...

Boat now does 9knots on both at 3000 so an improvement there in terms of speed and fuel-economy as 3000 rpm = 3 litres burn/hour - on either engine 3000rpm = 6 knots so I am well pleased...

Breaking news has it that the Qantas lock-out was a well planned plot to deliberately inconvenience all those thousands of "non-flyers" and the unions and present government, - - as some MP's in "opposition", knew of this many days earlier and kept quiet... "F the travelling public", and the "lock-out" was a pre-emptive attack by the CEO :eek: :D it gets more and more confusing day by day, as to, 'who is up whom, and who is paying the rent', - so to speak... may be a plot to "overthrow the present Govt" by the opposition... F.I.I.K. the world is going Nuts... - or something else is being put in my tea & coffee ?

The markets are very sensitive and fully aware of the dire straits macro-economically, the world is in when a "meltdown" arose from a declaration from the Greek PM Papandreau, that a referendum would be taken to ascertain the citizens feelings on the bailout ??? ... http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-...gnites-german-anger2c-hammers-markets/3614000

Does anyone need links for the usual email-alerts? Casey-Research, GATA, Money-Morning, Zerohedge, Bix-Weir, GoldSilver.com , Streetwise-Reports and GlobalResearch-e-newsletter covers most of the inmail relevant to the big picture

Some very good news - medically... http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-01/breast-cancer-study-pm/3613664 "Researchers make breast cancer gene breakthrough" ...

by powerabout,
    Ahhhhhh so that is why an ANZ account in my name (that I had forgotten all about) suddenly has heaps and heaps of money in deposit... :D :eek: :p

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

What the hell is Greece doing--they want help they dont. We have virtually given them billions now they want to decide if they want more. Thats the real Greece, hand out petty thieves.

Let then default and look after the banks that held them up. Fck em.

Italy as well.

Not only has Greece been given billions they have now wiped billions off the market too with there juvenile credit approach.

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Frosty,
    If you can, I would still like to see 5 or 6 images... Same applies for the boat pictures from Manie...

The GREECE/EURO game... Yes, they were given "virtual" money, as the Euro Govt/operation were promised 30 or was it 300 billion Euro to set up the "bail-out-fund", they then intended to increase that by hedging or whatever (dementia is kicking in today and I cannot recall certain words), to 3.3 or something trillion US$ and tell Greece - "Here is your credit line - your problems are now officially solved" - unfortunately for the west, after a bit of thinking time and sobering up time - they, (Greece), realised it was all a big CON... so Papendreau used a smart tactic, in calling for a referendum (which took me half an hour to remember the word 'referendum' :eek: )...

Oh the games that are played to keep on "kicking the can (of blame me not) down the road" instead of 'manning-up' and paying off the debts - or - for the banks - DO NOT LOAN TO THOSE - WHO WILL NOT PAY BACK... - - - or - - - WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PAY BACK ....... Duh.... When have some ever done more than a fair days work for a fair days pay and thus dedicate themselves to paying off old debts......... ?

8. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

remind me who thought it was a good idea to get Greece into the single currency at any cost???

PS 700,000 civil servants out of what size population?

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Default, let them default and let them recover on there own. Back to prostitution and WORK.

10. masalai

masalai masalai

11. bntii

bntii Senior Member

It doesn't impress when an investment ideal is known by everyone.
    In my experience a street level knowledge of a means of making money is usually a fairly good signal of time to GET OUT.

I'm fishing around for a good recent example and can't think of one just now...

Oh wait!

http://nfbpsh.blogspot.com/2010/09/debunking-australian-housing-shortage.html

I did stare at some fine high res photos of gold bars for a bit last night....

[​IMG]

I found myself rubbing my hands together thinking how much nicer it would all be if I were holding one of those bars right now.

OK BAMBY- that was mocking gold just a bit... but in a nice way. :)
    Or is that a twisted way...?
    bit hard to tell this early in the morn.

12. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Yah, Gold bars and a hand plane. Easy . Just shave off a bit ,then feed the shavings into the parking meter.

Naturally Before you head down to the hardware store with that gold bar and hand plane in your pocket its best to fit out in a good pair of braces to hold your trousers up.

Oh not to forget the steel toe shoes just in case you loose your grip.

The smart investment might be in steel toe shoes and braces.

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

What of,---- the blokes catamaran? I dont even know where he lives, some big house that his girfriend lives in that is my mates wife. Yeah dont ask.

Ille ask me mate where his wife and her boy friend lives lives.

14. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

It was 11,319,048 in 2010. Roughly 6.2 % of population are servicing the civil.

15. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Hoyt,
    Would that be the whole population?, then more than 2/3rds? may be considered - adult non workers wives, children, students and otherwise unemployed... OK 5.3 to 6.2% seems reasonable - but did not someone suggest, - - "Work?"

From Bix weir, some links to the origins of his "wild theories" - derived from publications direct from the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston... with permission,
    Sometimes it's good to get back to where all this started on the Road to Roota. The following article was the basis for the entire Road to Roota theory. It goes back to January 2007....before all the market turmoil began. Even before most people knew what a derivative or a Mortgage Backed Security was.

It is very clear now that the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston release of "Wishes and Rainbows" and "The Road to Roota" on that cold New Years Day in 2007 was meant to be a "Wake Up Call" to all of us that were sleeping. (They even posted them with a large red exclamation point after them!)

For those who haven't read it for a while I present the Original Road to Roota article written for Bill Murphy's website www.lemetropolecafe.com (with updated links).

The Road to Roota (...or the Implementation of a New Gold Standard!)
    January 2007
    By Bix Weir

http://www.roadtoroota.com/public/120.cfm

Everything that has followed this article have come in line with the general thesis...that there are people within the US working to destroy the banking powers that have controlled our lives for over 100 years. The US is ready to go back to our Constitution Gold and Silver standard...we are just waiting for the implosion of electronic and paper asset system...which is on the near horizon. Just look at the new $100 Bills!

The Hidden Meanings In The New $100 Bill
    http://www.roadtoroota.com/public/261.cfm

Can they make it more obvious?

For all you Private Road Members...THE INSIDER IS RIGHT!
    ...and as the Greatful Dead so eloquently put it... "What a long strange trip it's been!"

May the Road you choose be the Right Road.
    Bix Weir
    www.RoadtoRoota.com