On So Many Levels...

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Sean Herron, Apr 22, 2007.

1. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

your right ,,we can say that here ,,the other thing is now they are industrialized,,but using 1950 tecknology ,,they will be polluting more then we have done ,as for the latter ,,I think if you critisize thier govt ,,your dead. oh yea theres that period everyone is crying about ,,,longliner

2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

My third son is Chinese, came to NZ 18, not a word Eng. learnt in quick time, got a math degree honours, and a degree puter eng.
    He is now in Melbourne, you could not drag him back for all the tea inChina
    Chinese are very cruel people Try get a book the Dragon and the Bear comparing RU , China. , it is shocking
    For example, on the street in China, if a man, /woman beats a child, nobody says a thing, that happens in Ru, you get berated left right centre from stangers Only Chinese(I believe, ) drown girl children Nah stick China
    But USA be very afraid

3. longliner45

well im gonna give it a rest and work on my boat ,once again my apologys to jack ,,longliner

4. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

On so many levels

How long's Potus been a member...

1 person likes this.
  5. TerryKing

TerryKing On The Water SOON

"Political Speech"

I want to say that I'm glad to have this opportunity to talk about "other than boats" here, even though we are brought together by a love for that mixture of Freedom, Technology, Hands-On Hard Work and Wide Water that Boats bring to us. We can hopefully keep Political Speech (In the US Supreme Court definition) out of the rest of these forums, but have this "Open Discussion" here.

I don't want to talk only with people from my ideological and geographical and linguistic back yard.

For instance, there's this guy :p

The cool thing is that China has an incredible mixture of new (The I-Pod is made in Shenzhen where I'm going) and old (Hand-dug small coal mines, and boats made by hand-sawing logs). Photos below... Notice the high-rise buildings in the background.

Longliner, I don't know what China's all about, but I'm gonna go see. And I'm gonna get one of those old Boats On The Water myself.

Attached Files:

6. longliner45

I dont know what china is all about either terry,but I do know google has helped in tracking down dissedents that speak out against the state,,online,,longliner

7. longliner45

and in the future,,if you take points from jack,please leave your name ,,so he will know who to hate ,,,longliner

8. hansp77

hansp77

Jack,
    Try not to get too upset with those nameless negative feedback's.
    I say TRY, because it takes a lot of effort.
    It bugs the hell out of me, but I try to get past it.
    Someone reading through the old archives gave me one recently for my thread a while back on the seal shooting down here in Melbourne (that quickly degraded into another thread on global warming).
    Quite simply they posted, "Think you got it backwards Hans"...
    Well, I don't mind a bit of criticism, but it aint much use unless they at least identify what they are talking about. And it is only polite and decent to leave your name IMO.

But Jack,
    chill out a little mate,
    There are plenty of other places on the net to flame eachother, and pick upon obvious differences. I may not agree with everything he (or others here) thinks, most immediately on guns and gun control, but I don't give a damn about that. Longliner's is a good guy, a good member, and I love hearing about his wooden boat he is building. Besides the point, he has apologized, so drop it already would ya.

I have been easily as guilty as others for getting political here (mostly about environmental issues), but try not to do it anymore. I think this forum is a lot better than others for the general code of avoiding these sorts of political debates (once they degrade to destructive fights rather than constructive conversation).

anyway, if you wanna blow off a bit of steam about this sort of stuff, and like to do it in a boat themed environment, take it over to the bilge at the WBF (or somewhere). Plenty of good arguments to be had over there, plenty of flaming and happy enemies...

I say bring your best to this forum, and leave your differences behind.
    IMHO.:)

Hans.

1 person likes this.
  9. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Terry,

You just pointed out the best aspect of America. Here, however much you don't like the current President, you know 2 things with utter certainty:
    1. Every 4 years, you and the rest of us have a chance to change things. It doesn't work as well as it should, and it was never the direct popular election far too many uneducated ****** keep thinking it is, but it happens. Every 4 years.
    2. Meanwhile, as you said, you can say anything you want to about the guys in office: call them names, use obscenities, whatever you want. Have at it, my friend, knock yourself out. Some will call you worse names, some will cheer you on. One thing is absolute: you won't have your freedom curtailed.

I know that you won't ever dare try that in China, or in far too many countries around the world.

I'm not arguing with you, Terry, I'm supporting you. I've traveled and lived overseas, even lived behind the Iron Curtain, back when there was one. I enjoy getting away from the tourist spots and getting to know the locals. You're going to have some great tales to tell over the next few years. Just don't let your dislike for one government overcome your knowledge of what's good about our land.

There's a lot to be said for being able to tell POTUS to f___off. More than most people appreciate.

10. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Hey, longliner,

You're right about the pollution. I know they have a right to advance, but, the knowledge of how bad pollution is is out there for everyone to see, so there's no excuse anymore. One of China's big problems someday will be the final realization by well over a billion people that a bunch of self-appointed old geezers has been treating them like cr__ for years. The word now is "Go make money, any way you can, don't worry about poisoning the earth, we don't care about that cr__ anyway, but don't step out of line, and don't complain if we take your land 'cause we decided to give it to some foreigners or use it ourselves, or we'll throw your *** in jail or worse". The problem is that you can't get off or stop that juggernaut once you start it, as the government will discover someday.

I wore the same green suit you once did, back in the late 60's - early 70's. Spent some time behind the Iron Curtain, too. I realized after meeting many Russian soldiers and Eastern European civilians that that system would crumble from within. Technology was advancing and the ordinary people were starting to get radio and TV from the West, and knew their governments were lying to them. It happened much quicker than I imagined, but I knew it was inevitable. China will have a wakeup someday, IMHO.

Meanwhile, I just hope Terry doesn't ever complain about the Chinese gov't..... (I like periods/points :D :D ).

11. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

He... and Sean H and gotten all these for his thread...:)

12. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Yea, but the challenge of trying to refute someone else's contrary ideas is so much more fun and interesting. Namecalling and personal slagging is going for the easy cheap shot.... borrrrrrrrriiiiinnnnnng.

We're all agreed that anonymous negative feedback is lowlife scum stuff ... OK, that's it. Now let's get back to proving why the other guy's ideas are weak, illogical, or just not as elegant as our own. :) :)

13. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Maybe Sean H is really the reincarnation of Dr Pavlov.....:)

14. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

I have never until now said anything personal abt anyone, even to longlip, who insulted me, thanks , you and afew others are gentleman,

15. PI Design

PI Design Senior Member

Did you see this LJ?

You're wasting your breath being cross, so you might as well be happy.:)

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.