On So Many Levels...

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Sean Herron, Apr 22, 2007.

1. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

most texans, have this answer, if someone bothers you, get a bigger gun, until USA americans get rid of this mentality , then you will ALWAYS BE IN THE CRAP

2. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

jack are still mad because your government decided you dont need guns ??it must be nice to have a government ,,,that knows what is best for you,,,,,,??? by the way did the crime rate decrease???????I think not ,,well Ill be cleaning my 47 and my thompson45 sub ,,and my vintage BAR,,,,and my mountain of semi assault weapons,,,and my handguns ,,,hope no burglers come in tonight,,lucky you ,,you dont have that problem ,,,,do ya? longliner

3. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

you got it and thanks for having the spine to say this
    trouble is when you have a big population who are at best semi literate, then, the vote can be easily swayed by people using scare tactics, there was almost and still is no threat by terror to your place
    Now I cant get, by road further east than Turkey, they hate us cos they cant tell diff between anglos, I take my NZ passport I am ashamed to be Brit and Aust, becuz they followed your lead, how bloody dumb is that,
    its strange given that Bliar is an educated man,
    Which leads me to Putin, he is very educated, WHY OH WHY cant you vote in an educated guy, multilingual
    well I ansered that above:)) cheers

4. longliner45

no threat by terrorist ,,or foriegn invaders,,probably because we all have guns,longliner

5. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

longliner, I dont open your posts and will not, unless you apolegise for calling me a ******* and leaving neg feedback
    A ******* I clearly am not, you said you held out a truce, but you never said sorry

6. longliner45

Jack,,cant take the negative feed back ,,back now ,,it wont let me ,,,Im sure you are a good human,,,,alott like me I am sorry for calling you names,,,I felt provocked,from what I can tell ..you work hard for a living,so far I like you the most ,,,but please .......put some cloths on ,,,at least a t shirt,longliner,,,,,,,,your turn

7. TerryKing

TerryKing On The Water SOON

Life Decisions

Sure it's easier to live overseas with an income...

But the decision-making then had a lot to do with the fact that we had come to believe that the USA doesn't have all the answers. And bluntly, I don't see any evidence that the present President understands the questions.

3 years in a Muslim country, with lots of Sub-Saharan African friends too, means I do think differently about a lot of things.

The decision-making this time around, between going back to the USA or going elsewhere, was based on similar feelings. So it's China for the next 2 or 3 or more years. I hope that we can learn a broader perspective of the world, and try to figure out what the heck to say about America. I'm a very strong believer in the US Constitution (and the Vermont Constitution, which I carry in my notebook). And I believe in the traditions of fairness in America. I just wish we had stood by our ideals in dealing with the rest of the World, instead of cutting moral corners right and left. We used to be the example for the rest of the World. I want us to be that again.

Meanwhile, Patrick Leahy from Vermont has done a lot of homework that I've seen, and he's in a lot better position than I to make a difference in Washington. If I figure ANYTHING out, I'll let him know :)

Meanwhile, two good friends are in the process of permanently moving out of the US, mainly because of their feelings about their children heading for the age where they may have to get into the next Dumb Fight. And I'm more than a little worried about my 10 Grandchildren!

There's no clearly good answer anywhere in the World. We Humans seem to screw up All Over...

8. longliner45

yea terry china is a graet country if you dont have a job ,,they will get you one ,,if you make a mistake ..dont worry about court dates,,they dont need to here your side of the story,,,,,,and if you dare say anything against the state...... like you have posed here ,,,they will kill you,,,so much for that ,,,longliner

9. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

On so many levels

This is a general call to all forum readers. I've noticed over the years that Longliner is a regular correspondent, often heated, often funny, and nearly always ready with the pungent comment. However one thing worries me - his keyboard seems to lack a 'fullpoint' (.) This of course maybe something which has not yet reached Ohio - but I'm suggesting if anyone out there has a spare, even second-hand (.) lying around in their garage/shed could they perhaps post it to him. (It will need to be the American/English variety to avoid the use of a translator...):)

10. longliner45

there is no piont in a full point ,,,,,,,,,,,,it never ends here,longliner:)

11. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

On so many levels

Touche,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D

12. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

oh you mean he,s a loose cannon, shoots then thinks? too late then is it not?

13. longliner45

no jack not a loose canon ,,only fire back ,,after I recieve fire ,,I have only responded to threads in this forum ,,never started with anyone ,,but I will stand up for myself ,,,,by the way did you read the part of this thread where I acually apoligised to you? your ok jack ,,,did you get a shirt yet?longliner

14. TerryKing

At first I thought 'longliner' was a reference to some boat manufacturer. Now I see it refers to his LINES in the fora. See,,,his lines never END,,,,they are a stream-of-semi-consciousness...

But, (as Arlo Guthrie said), "That's America". And so we listen to him, and reserve the right to freedom of speech for AND against him (and the POTUS) at all times.

15. TerryKing

China is changing faster than any country in history, and I want to be there to see it. They are struggling with ALL the dichotomies of Freedom VS Responsibility, Capitalism VS Control, Productivity VS Pollution, and on and on.

Constant Change is Here To Stay. I just don't like the way America has changed over the past 6 or 7 years.

And you can bet I appreciate WAY more than ever that in America I can tell the President to, as the late, great Kurt Vonnegut said, "Take A Flying **** At A Rolling Doughnut! Take A Flying **** AT The Mooooooooonnn!!"

Now THAT'S a Long Line...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.