Sailboat questions?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Sailor12, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Sailor12

Sailor12 New Member

I have inherited a 38' aluminum sailboat. I really don't know that many details about it. Other than it has been sailing all around for the past eight years. My father had been sailing for the past eight years until he passed away. How can I find out more information about this boat so we can sell it? I would love to hold on to it, but no nothing about sailing. I have no idea what the boat is even worth. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

got some pics? sorry about your father ,,,Im sure he lived life to the fullest,,or atleast more than many ,,longliner

3. rayk

rayk Senior Member

I would ask some of your fathers boating friends. Theyll know the true value of the boat and what you can get quickly, and introduce you to a sympathetic broker. Very important figure.
    You will get more money and sell it faster this way if you can manage it.
    You should get at least 3 solid offers in the first month. Ask your broker to price the boat to acheive this. Take the best.

Dont let the boat go stale. People will think there is a problem if it doesnt sell soon enough. You will get low offers from problem sniffer outerers. Ask your connected sympathetic broker and he will confirm this.

If you sell it nicely and simply, when the boating bug hits you maybe you can buy the boat back from a sympathetic owner.

Im sure your fathers memory will be connected to the boat for many years, and sailors will remember him when the boat goes charging past.

Sincerely Ray

4. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Sailor12, if you can post any pictures of the boat, and/or a maker's name, it will be much easier to advise you.
    Good luck,
    Steve