Route Plotting wrt wind and current

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by rdickins, Jul 28, 2006.

1. rdickins

rdickins New Member

I was wondering if anyone had information for route plotting with respect to predicted wind and current conditions for the North Eastern Pacific. Basically I want to use weather forcasts and bouy data to plan an optimised route along the west coast of the US and to and from Hawaii to the west coast of the US. Even if I could get current and historical bouy data for wind and current conditions that would be a start. I want to either buy or develope a program that looks at the current conditions at the bouys and trys to plan a route that would be the most efficient. Or we might even be interested in paying for a service. Thanks for any information that would point me in the right dirrection.

One idea I had was that air liners must have similar programs for their route plotting.

2. riggertroy

riggertroy Senior Member

3. SeaSpark

SeaSpark -

Route planning

Book:

Admiralty, Ocean Passages for the World

Excellent reading when you want to plan a passage!

Software:

Maxsea has good build in route planning.

Paid services:

http://www.wriwx.com/

4. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.