Research

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by duc, Nov 9, 2006.

1. duc

duc New Member

What type of demand is there for boat detailing? Is there as much demand for detailing fresh water boats as there is saltwater boats? Been detailing boats on the weekends and enjoy this type of work. Was interested to see if there would be enough demand to maybe start a boat detailing buisness. Yes, it will be a legitimate buisness. Any info. is greatly appreciated.

2. ron17571

ron17571 Junior Member

Well here in az i hear people complain about the greasy slime on their boats from the lake,i guess from oil from 2 stroke outboards.so i guess your idea has some marit,u might think of seeing if local boat shops are interested in u showing up to detail boats,sounds like you need to come up with some kinda system to show ur into it and know what ur doing.

3. duc

duc New Member

Thanks for the info. I already have a pricing system in place and am planing on mabye having a sample boat for advertising. Plan on asking local marines to see if they would be interested in these services. Thought about mabye making some brochures to place in bait and tackle shops also. The brochures would remind boat owners that with proper maintainance the value of their boat will be stay much higher, protect the boat from harmful UV rays, salt, and not to mention make the boat much easier to wash down.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.