Relativity speaking

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by SamSam, Feb 21, 2015.

1. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

What you say may be correct about Islam generally, but isn't correct about ISIS in particular. Read What ISIS Really Wants

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

What do you say about the 1.5 million innocent civilians killed in Iraq?

3. ImaginaryNumber

They were not killed by ISIS. ISIS did not (and could not) come into being until a new Islamic Caliphate was created. This is a very important distinction in Islamic theology. There hasn't been an Islamic Caliph or Caliphate for 90 years. Read the article.

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Exactly, they were no killed by ISIS. How do you justify the USA killing them, but condemn ISIS?

5. sdowney717

sdowney717 Senior Member

The Muslims 'Jesus' when he returns breaks all the crosses.
    The first thing that Christians need to understand regarding the Islamic belief about Jesus is that Muslims of course reject the idea that Jesus was or is the Son of God.
    http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/JR/Future/ch06_the_muslim_jesus.htm
    So the religions are entirely different conceptually. Just have common names, like God, prophet, Jesus.
    Instead of Issac being the promised son from God to Abraham, they believe it is Ishmael.

6. ImaginaryNumber

I don't recall justifying what the US did in Iraq.

For whatever it's worth, your numbers are way high.

[​IMG]
    https://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/

[​IMG]
    Iraqi civilian deaths only by US forces

7. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

I seem to recall that large numbers of Muslims from outside of Iraq came in to wage jihad, really against everyone, and that they along with some locals killed most Iraqi civilians from then till now.

At the time I believe I was referring to them as foreign death squads.

Now, hindsight is naturally easier than foresight, yet I've long been critical of a President Bush etc that they didn't have enough troops at the ready to deal with this contingency (which seems like it should be fairly predictable given the kinda stateless character of terrorism at the time). It rather appears as if they thought any insurgency would be mostly if not entirely local, and being mostly local would fight like it (and not seemingly prefer killing Iraqi civilians). So while coalition soldiers apparently did a great job killing insurgents, in terms of how many soldiers injured or killed vs how many insurgents taken out, I think that they just weren't prepared for insurgents going after ordinary Iraqis the way they've done.

8. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

US killed 150,00 people? No it was shias killing sunnnis,and vice versa.They hate each other slightly less than they do jews,and then christians.

Just ask the few sunnis living in shia Iran how they are persecuted...or the shias living in sunni Saudi,or the the sufis in Libya that had all their mosques,shrines,and cemetaries bulldozed after Qaddafi fell...

9. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I don't know if those talking about Islam have read the Koran. In it says that Jesus was the Messiah. It also calls Christians "righteous people"

10. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

The US intervention in Iraq being wrong, and obviously now looking like a failed exercise, does not excuse this ISIS mob, who are killing people of widely different political, ethnic and religious backgrounds, without discrimination.

11. sdowney717

sdowney717 Senior Member

The executed a Muslim family that was raising pigeons as a business.
    The decided raising pigeons is un-Islamic.

I think they threw them off the roof to cheering crowds down below.

They are full of madness and hatred and are attractive to psychopaths.
    I also was reading they are seeking drugs to fuel extremely violent and abnormal sexual encounters to be given to their 'warriors' with their women slaves, captives, wives.
    Like this here
    http://www.raqqa-sl.com/en/?p=589

12. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

What worries me is the seeming rush of young recruits from all over the world, to join in, what is the antithesis of an idealistic cause. Some effective brainwashing at work.

13. sdowney717

sdowney717 Senior Member

They love death and torture.

14. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

How can you defend isis.

15. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

The other day isis locked that pilot in a cage and burned him to death to make a video. Is that ok with you gonzo. It was only one person.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.