Pull of the Pacific

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Bergalia, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Solo rower aground

OOooops a daisy alright mate!

I well remember in 1981 in Suva Harbour (fiji), we had a yank there at the yacht club giving "instruction" on navigation, he left the next day (after we had to get the purse seiners work boat to drag him off the reef on the way out).

Is it really that hard to leave a place or are there rare earth magnets that stick people to the shore? Always the "experts".

I must be really dumb, all I use are the hydrographic charts of the area, I have discovered they actually show the boundries between land and water, but what would I know, I am a Landlubber. :)

2. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

WHAT!! I'm Australian? CRIPES!! Whoops, I mean CRIKEY!! Which side of the road am I supposed to drive on?
    But, I do feel much better now that I'm fully employed. I love my new job! :)

3. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

SamSam down the middle is the norm now that Georgia has moved (Hell I know it's a small world but er? come on Max)

'Lubber thanks for the instruction was wondering how it was done! I usually keep my eyes hard shut and steer for the mermaids cry! (female 'rus) works for me!

4. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Abject apologies SamSam...My mind is in a state of confusion (after all the excitment of the APEC meeting here in Sydney) - and Scotland 'whopping' the Frogs in a certain ball game.
    But be fair it's difficult to seperate the Australians from The Americans these days with George Dubya deciding on Antipodean policy (direct orders to his little deputy Howard). And again even George Dubya confused Australia with a certain European nation when he congratulated our Prime Minister for greeting the 'Austrian troops'....(soon after thinking he was at an OPEC meeting rather than APEC). All very confusing...so can I be blamed.
    Perhaps it would be better to introduce a new status alonside the Afro-American - the Austro-American, and you can claim to be in the vanguard... :(

5. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

That's fine with me! Now, where is it I report for my new job? I'm looking forward to it, but I might need to adjust my appointments, depending on what hour of the week is assigned to me. A flexible schedule would be nice, but I should probably build up a little time before making demands. I'm working on the slang. I can't wait to tell the wife "A bit more choke and you would have started" the next time she farts! :)

6. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Wrong grade of fuel there sam, eat a few more beans and you won't need the choke (Ok it depends on what kind of choke your talking about!);)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.