PLASTIC BAGS and our WATER WORLD

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by brian eiland, Jul 7, 2008.

1. masalai

masalai masalai

Pilsiner, is one of the preferred meds longie, and I think the needs apply not just to Frosty, I fear we may all contribute to an excuse for incoholism somewhere.....

2. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

3. masalai

masalai masalai

I think we should leave this thread for others - CRUDE, Grumpy or Drivel?

4. longliner45

weres max,,,,Im not done yet

5. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

trying to find all them LOW numbers to go against my HIGH ones,,hehe :D

6. longliner45

yea he finnaly posted his occupation ,,enviornment forensic investigator,,,,fancy name for do nothing job,,not qualified to be a marine bioligest ,,not qualified to talk trash to fisherman ,,,,,,,he sniffs out turds for the govt,,probably his first 6 weeks on the job,,,cant wait to here from him,,,,longliner

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Maybe he wanted to go out on a high note - - - (still alive and hasn't been skinned yet..... )_:D:D:D:D

8. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

To get back on topic (what, me trying to get back on topic, wierd). Was browsing through adverts for firewood and stuff - all being billed as renewable fuels, it's the stuff the greens want to use and all that - really enviromentally friendly, you know the style! Then I noticed something rather unusual - it's all supplied in nice clean environmentally friendly PLASTIC BAGS!................er.................hang on isn't..............MMMmmmmm

9. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

And another one, recycling bottles mentioned by Missy Lee (who else) in the good old days afore all this recycling stuff was invented, we used to collect lemonade bottles etc and sell them back to the landlord of the local pub (3pence I think was what we got per bottle) he'd return them to the local lemonade plant who would wash 'em and reuse 'em. Milk bottles went back to the dairy for reuse, beer bottles went back to the brewery for the same thing! Of course we wern't recycling 'cos it hadn't been invented, nor had reens ro Politically Correct - ah for simpler times................then some bugger invented plastic!

10. masalai

masalai masalai

What goes around comes around, and about time, but the younger generations seem to miss the method, - - - - make the deposit price sufficiently robust to provide an incentive to do it.... Threepence in those days was a fair incentive, somewhere near the equivalent of 50 cents / 50 yen - - That covers USA, AU, Japan, - who else?

TIME that old ideas were REVIVED....

11. Maxim Projet

Maxim Projet Junior Member

You aren't much of a mindreader. Stick to your drama queen routine.

12. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

Here in Norway, we usually have to pay for our plastic bags. Bottles have "pant", you get 1,- crown or 2,50 crown back in the shop for an empty bottle. I thing it's a pretty sensible system. Doesn't leave too many of those floatin' around. Personally, I put some used bags back in the car, and _sometimes_ i remember to bring them with me in the shop.... :rolleyes:
    Have also equipped the car with a couple of textile bags. But it's not easy to get into the habit...

btw.. Some rude remarks in here, from some persons clearly coming from homes without furnitures?... anyway I'm Back from hollyday, nice to see that things are as usual...:D

13. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

Ehhrmmm.... In those days I teamed up with a fella, his father were running a camp for tourists.... We crawled in under the fence in the storage area, crawled out with empty bottles, got the money in the shop for the empty bottles, bought icecream.... crawled in under the fence again.... got money, bought icecream, crawled in under... ok, you get the picture? A tiiiny bit off the edge of the normal ethic... But then again we were kids, and we were blinked out as suspect individuals when we had sold back a special german(?) beer bottle 3 times in the same day.... :p

14. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

Knut, took me back to my 12 year old days , (stole some empty bottles) from behind a barn, and took em to the pub, got about a shilling, 1958!! and my dad found out an whipped me soundly, it taught me a lesson, , that property was not mine

15. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

true true me boy

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.