Noahs' Ark- Better than New?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by CaptBill, Mar 9, 2010.

1. CaptBill

CaptBill CaptBill

This is Noahs' Ark
    Ge 8:4 ¶ And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.

[​IMG]

The truly spectacular thing about the hull photo is this- The Ark was actually very square on the sides. But over time she sagged in such a way that she now looks like a modern day monohull sailing vessel. Looks to me like what you call a "double ender" . If only from the top view.

Here is the question....
    From a design point of view, is this not a good hull top profile?
    I mean, can you guys/gals being professional builders, find any criticisms from a design point, with the way she sagged open over time?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  2. Boston

Boston Previous Member

do you have any scientific studies at all to show the age and original shape of this structure.

Is there any evidence to say that the rock presented as an anchor in our previous conversation is anything more than just a rock

is there any detailed laboratory studies of samples taken from the site

is there any evidence to suggest this is anything other than another of the hundreds of neolithic sites of approximately the same design

perimeter defensive wall and internal pillars holding up a common roof

what is it that leads you to believe that this is the mythical arc

3. CaptBill

CaptBill CaptBill

Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch. And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits. A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

4. masalai

masalai masalai

That was covered elsewhere over 10 years ago and found to be a natural formation pre-dating the supposed time of the Arc... at about the same time that Von Daniken's book was also put to sleep as a fantasy... - by a team of skeptics... "Gopher wood" imported from USA or somewhere ??? I think a cubit is the distance between elbow and fingertip, lets assume a big man, so that makes it 150m long, 25m wide and 15m high as a triple deck vessel??? 2x2 of each??? plus food for 40 days? - - IN YOUR DREAMS...

Go the forth and build thyself a boat of reasonable proportions, sufficient to get thee hence, to a place of safety from thy mind's delusions...

How many times since, have the "Chosen race, Jews", - - children of Noah, - - disobeyed the direct instructions of God?...
    Doubted the continued ability to deliver food and water during their exodus from slavery in Egypt,
    Made a golden cow to worship,
    Failed to follow the instructions in being given the "promised land", (kill all the inhabitants)
    Failed in their obedience to the 10 commandments,

I am not a student of biblical history, but I am sure that there are plenty more 'national disobediences' - - - - How many times more, will they be forgiven for disobeying the word and instructions of God?...

Megaphone voice - "Time is up number 47, return your boat to the shore as another customer is waiting - it is hired by the hour and you are now 15 minutes overdue..."

5. Boston

Boston Previous Member

this does absolutely nothing to answer any of the questions

do you have any scientific data concerning this site at all

if I remember it was shown to be a classic neolithic site similar to hundreds of other neolithic sites

the rock portrayed as an anchor is nothing more than a rock

although I would welcome any data to the contrary

cheers and best of luck with that

B

ps
    got any Gopher wood to show us ?

6. CaptBill

CaptBill CaptBill

I am not gonna argue wheather or not that is the Ark.
    I want to know, be it a pile of rocks, is it not and why, a good shape one might base a design upon.
    Thats, all.

7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

well I suppose it does look a bit like a double ender but that would be far from the design specified in mythology wouldnt it

I mean the mythical arc was a box was it not

here is an archeological plan view of typical neolithic site

[​IMG]

here's another one

[​IMG]

and another

[​IMG]

and another

[​IMG]

becomes pretty obvious once you have looked at a few
    its ok
    a lot of folks have been misled by there religious beliefs to convince themselves that simple elements of everyday life somehow portray a verification of there individual mythologies

the native american belief system is chalk full of such instances so its not like faith needs to be shaken by reality
    after all
    its faith
    I believe what I believe and you are welcome to believe what you believe
    its separate from science as it should be

but none hold a monopoly on truth

cheers
    B

8. CaptBill

CaptBill CaptBill

Precisely my point. It rotted and sagged to this new, improved design.
    No surprise to me. I believed it when I saw it, with my untrained eye.
    But I have seen a lot of thinks so really looking for your trained eyes for verification/disqualification of my theory.

9. Boston

Boston Previous Member

no Gopher wood to analyze eh

sounds like it is more than likely simply another neolithic site similar to countless others

did you get a chance to look at the diagrams and pictures I posted in my previous

cause it becomes more and more obvious once you do

here's another one

[​IMG]

I can find these all day long that resemble that site you pictured

10. CaptBill

CaptBill CaptBill

Here is a TurboCad training course manual which uses the Ark design for training purposes.

Covers basic lofting concepts and could easily adapt tecniques for othe cad programs.

Turns out to be the best info I found on lofting from scratch in turbocad.

Attached Files:

11. CaptBill

CaptBill CaptBill

Gopher wood was simply the word for what we call "plywood".
    Still probably the best composite material devised.
    Laying of plies with diffrent orientations of thinly sliced wood, if done right, would make a very strong boad indeed.

12. Boston

Boston Previous Member

and is there so much as a scrap of it preserved on site for us to analyze
    most sites no mater how old have some level of biological preservation that allows such analysis

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

looks like over and over again similar designs are used by neolithic man to build ancient structures

nothing to make anyone believe this was some kind of mythical boat built by god that I can see

please if you have some scientific data lending any credence to the idea that this is somehow the legendary ark Im sure a lot of folks would love to see it

13. CaptBill

CaptBill CaptBill

Yeah, are these other potential Ark sites in the pictures?

14. Boston

Boston Previous Member

is the one you have presented in any way able to be shown to contain this Gopher wood you speak of and has it been analyzed in any scientific detail at all

or is it just that it is a site in the area mythology claims as its own

its not up to me or anyone else to prove someone elses belief system

its up to that belief system to validate itself or admit it is no better or worse than any other

simple reality is that we each hold our own beliefs to be deer

its just that some insist they are the only true religion

when in fact religion is nearly always based on mythology

none being true but some being good avenues for learning a better path through life

15. CaptBill

CaptBill CaptBill

Here are the sonar scans which clearly show the stations/ribs of the site.

[​IMG]

Pretty compelling, no?

1 person likes this.