no wonder the secret service cleared the deck

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by yipster, May 23, 2007.

1. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

No wonder the secret service....

Damn...and there's me thinking it was part of Australia....:D

2. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

The sophisticated part no doubt!!

Cheers Trev - yep mate I reckon so too! far more true to life!

3. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Daddy Bush used to keep a cigarrette boat for bass fishing down in Kennebunkport, Maine. Probably that boat. A little overdone for catching a fish, but what's gas to a Bush?
    Bush bash away, it does this heart good to know that even though I don't know a lot about foreign polititions, I do not wish to be called an American alongside a criminal and general miscreant. We're not all like him, and it's plain the election results were tampered with. Gore won, and if not for the crooked exemptions of black voters in Florida back in 2000 courtesy of brother Jeb Bush, the vote would have swung to Gore. They were "accidentally" put on a list of felons and their votes were never counted.
    Most Americans desperately wish Bush gone, but I'm afraid that short of marching on the White House by the millions, it won't be happening.
    The system has failed to protect the constitution.

Alan

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Alan --your post is indeed sobering.

The Mighty USA (As we are constantly told) cant have a democratic election? and even then do some thing about the undeserved candidate who bullied his way in through coruption.

A country who constantly points its finger at others yet is unable to see eye to eye in polution responsability.

A country who marches confidently through others demanding they change their ways to democracy arrogantly convinced that democracy is without doubt perfect for all man.

Supposedly the (Best godamn army in the world) Note not one of.

Then rapes its young and helpless victims and shoots down inocent by standers in retaliation for something that happend last week.

You know sometimes --just sometimes I think I know what Bin ladin means.

5. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Yes, it had to be reasonably close, but a close election can be rigged with electronic voting machines and all manner of hijinks.
    The corruption is not the flagrant kind. It's a thousand little things, not the least of which is the effect (or non-effect) of the media after the fact.
    This is the most dangerous problem. It does not require concealment of the act, per se, if we all pretend it didn't happen.
    For example, the president lied outright on numerous occasions saying that yellow cake uranium from Niger had been sent to Iraq before the war.
    It was a well known fact that the story was a fraud perpetrated by a known liar who sold the information to the Spanish government, later to be passed to GB and then the US.
    It isn't hard to get a video of the president months after the story was proved false saying "yellow cake uranium was sold to Iraq".
    That alone is grounds for impeachment and indictment and imprisonment for starting a war based on lies promoted as facts.
    Anything else pales in significance. Nobody does anything, even after Scooter libby is indicted for lying to a grand jury. Scooter obstructed information tied to the outing of CIA Valarie Plame, whose husband Joseph Wilson had been sent to find evidence (which evidence did not exist) that yellow cake ahd been sold to Iraq. Wilson had said as much in a NY Times story, and this apparently miffed our high command, for whom Scooter libby worked.
    The joke is we know all this--- not denied! It is like saying, "Well, we did it, and it was tantamount to treason, but guess what? Nobody with the power to call us on it will do anything (house Ethics Commitee, watchdog commitees).
    And therein lies the rub. The system has broken down, full of a lot of chickens with political and finacial motivations too enticing to stop and do their jobs. It's almost unbelievable. Does this happen elsewhere except in dictatorships in third world countries?

6. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

gee alan ..I kinda agree on most of it ,,but where were you when clinton and the democrats shoved nafta down our throughts?

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Mind Boggling absalute mind boggling.
    I remember the days of assinations!!! That made em pull thier socks up.

I have walked past the prime minister of Malaysia here in my marina. Just walked past him!! he had a couple of guys with him he was talking to.

I even had my shirt off --I had just been to the shower block.

He looked at me.

If it had been Bush or Blair I doubt if I would have been allowed within a kilometer of the marina even though my boat was there.

Clinton makes me puke, Bush is coming up close behind him on my popularity scales.

8. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Alan,

Lets not fool ourselves, (I doubt you do), that only Bushs' gang our, lets say, corrupt political scum, so was Clinton.

Read something today on the need for a fresh & relevant 3rd party. That'd be real tough to establish, but not impossible.

Someone needs to represent, with real authority, the views of the majority of lawabiding, hardworking US folk.
    Take care.

Tim

9. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Where is Mr Deedes when you need him.....:D

But don't you damn Yankees get yer danders up...(I learned that from a Western starring Marion Wayne).The world doesn't blame Americans per sae - simply your corrupt administration. (And most western nations have the same problem...)

But I still wouldn't let my daughters marry one....

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

******* Swatsnigger could do it.

11. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Hasta la Vista, Jack.....But no doubt..."You'll be back..."...'Girlieboy...'

12. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Ive got a bone to pick with you berg.

Youve been on that wussy thread by Wilma. Im very disapointed.

I thought better of you than that.

13. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Perfect timing Jack - Wilma's just slipped me a recipe for Kiwi broth...:D

14. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

John Wayne, or Marion Morrison, never saw them mixed & matched.

Almost married a 3rd cousin of the Duke's. Her mom was a Morrison. Scottish also :)

Tim

15. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Ah, but I am not a liberal. Nor, it seems lately, do I fit the description of a Republican. I suppose you could say I am what Republicans are supposed to be, or once were, before they joined the Democrats and sold their country to the corporate interests. Or maybe what Democrats might have been before they cashed in. Either one would be far better than what we have now--- a lot of fat old white millionaires who work the system at our expense.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.