Need Help with Private Message access.

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by timgoz, Jun 5, 2007.

1. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

I just set up MSN IMing to speak with a lady friend in England. Tried to Private Message a forum member with a question, and it says I have to enable Private Messages.

Put what I think is my IM "handle" where it called for, but I am still getting the "you must enable private messages".

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all.

Tim

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

On the forum top menu, go to UserCP and then click Edit Options in the control panel at the left of the page. Second box down is Messaging & Notification, the PM options are the third subsection of that box. It should make itself pretty clear at that point (there's a checkbox saying "enable private messaging"). PMs work entirely within the forum, more or less the same interface you're used to from posting here, and don't tie in with IMs.

3. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Thanks MM, I'll see if it works.

Tim

4. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Actually you were the one I wanted to talk to. Did you here the final outcome of the sealers in the ice?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.