multi-tool Pocket clip key holder invention for boat

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by myark, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Westel

Westel Senior Member

Having a patent is one thing but keep in mind that China for example never signed (could have changed lately though) the international patent agreement.
    They can copy it by the millions and you'll never see one single cent of it...and there's nothing you can do about it.

Protecting a patent by a lawyer is what will empty your pockets.....fast !!

If it's really valuable you can have the luck that a large company will buy your patent but they likely put their lawyers on it ( they are on their payroll anyhow) to see what loopholes are there to make an almost exact copy which is patent free......

Sell as many as you can, as fast as you can........

2. Kailani

Kailani Senior Member

Could add a solar charged or miniaturized linear induction LED flashlight. Maybe the continuous motion of the boat could be enough to keep it charged.
    A flashlight, and one without dead batteries!, is always good to have.

3. myark

myark Senior Member

I am not disagreeing with you as 99% of inventions are good only in the creators mind and most likely not new, new tool patent I have seen on the market sold by large company, but if you go to a patent search back 100 odd years you will find every time its been invented before and like you say has a slight change on the design and placed a patent on one particular part, bingo a patent is born.

The biggest rip-offs with inventions are the patent attorneys as they well know when an inventor with a swelled head approaches them has not a chance in hell, but will encourage the naïve inventor to carry on giving them their last dollar while pressuring them with time schedules as they milk them for their last cent.

Patents lawyer are very good at breaking patents and helping rip-offs legally obtaining an inventors ideas such as, patent is as powerful as ones pocket rule, and financially run them down if can not break patents honestly.
    One of the rules is if you do not bring your invention to the market in a country that has a new patent with in two years, and the rip-offs know this, then you automatically loose patent rights in that country.

I have been an acting lawyer against several large patent attorney companies ripping of a Chinese's immigrant to NZ who they represented on behalf of the white color businessmen that every one believes but their patents attorneys fully known they are committing day light robbery as they go to Church on Sunday and rip-off the inventor on Monday.

Generally a patent is a smoke screen that discourages copy cats and it actually works as humans are vastly cowards and conventional, and the rip-offs only look for easy targets like the Chinese immigrant and his wife and child, who by the way they black mailed him and almost had him deported, but because he was dyeing of cancer the government let his wife and child keep their citizenship and let the inventor die in NZ, the cancer was quick at its job.

The rip-off lawyers are at that time threating him with their cost if he loses, The rip-off white collar business men threating his family's life with violence and black mail, and the Government trying to deport him over a minor mistake in his citizen application was when he approached me while with his wife and child when I had a boat building business and inventing the Myark folding trailer barges, he broke down and cried while asking for help as he had no money left to pay lawyers and the last week time frame to answer the patent challenge or he will forfeit the patent rights to the rip-off with no one believing him because is English language is little and hard t understand.
    I filed the challenge the following day and employed him, then became his body guard at no cost simply because I am a human rights activist and he was a friend.
    When I first met him a couple years before hand I introduce him to my patents attorneys who liked the idea and did the work on credit then introduced the white color business men that are meant to help inventors, but instead ripped him of and later his patents attorneys a banded him because he had no money.

The pictures are With Yang and his wife and daughter and the other is Yang and I on the last day of the IP court hearing that I won as the acting lawyer against several large repeatable but really rip-off patent attorney company's that dropped of the vine one by one like rotting grapes.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/363092515/metperial-survivalist-multi-tool-and-pocket-clip-k

Attached Files:

4. Westel

Westel Senior Member

You obviously know your way around in "patentland" so that's a benefit.

Perhaps you could add another 2 different sizes Allen key on the opposite side.

A rubberized pouch could make it floating in the water. The pouch could be slid of the tool but stays attached with it via the led light extension cord .....?
    The pouch also will make it feel more comfortable in your pocket. A bright color pouch might help to find it back.

Something to make sparks to start a fire......

Like the tool very much as it is though....well done !!

5. myark

myark Senior Member

Thanks for your kind comments Westel

You mention "China for example never signed (could have changed lately though) the international patent agreement."
    I have been in China off and on over the last 18 years and found patent protection is far stronger in China, also the international agreements have been the same well before 18 year also back then I obtained a final Chinese patent that a factory would not dare infringe as it’s not worth the drama for them and normally you will also find its someone from USA, EU, NZ, AU infringing patents and have made in China by factory that is not aware of the products statues, and if so you will find they would stop immediately.
    The patents law in China is actually stronger as they do not allow Patent attorneys to string it out and run the inventor financial situation down and is sorted out before the IP courts immediately, the same as their justice system that does not toys on legal issues which can be unfair when with the likes of death sentence appeals.
    Chinese patent attorneys I dealt with are honest, the patent attorney I have dealt with in the USA, EU, AU and NZ are very dishonest.

Your idea about the rubber pouch is good and can image a hollow plastic structure as an attachments that could have a sealed lid for needles, tweezers, antibiotics and ointments or medications needed for heart failure etc. always at hand and may be designed enough floatation, also the color is a good idea such as color that lights up when is shinned onto it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/363092515/metperial-survivalist-multi-tool-and-pocket-clip-k

Attached Files:

6. myark

myark Senior Member

Some insight on a Kick starter project for inventors

My kick starter project that finished two weeks ago I notice a couple of boat design links that came up on my dash board sales survey and would like to thank those members for supporting an inventors idea to get of the ground which is costly while developing ideas against the odds with wife and children to also support as well as my mother in-law who has had a stroke and needs 24/7 care.
    I could not afford advertising because I was financially exhausted after making working proto types for the kick starter campaign with only enough money left to buy rice and vegetables.
    Advertising is a must because the successful projects have 95% of out side traffic flow marketing directed to their kick starter project, in reality Kick starter is a platform only to direct out side traffic through out side marketing, I had about 10.000 views and not the 100.000 I first thought Kick starter would generated on its own.
    What Kick starter recommends is you contact friends, business associates and so on which in my heart could not do this also because of my recluse lifestyle, I let the campaign run its own course with no out side marketing for market research and now have 350 multi tools to manufacture so considering the 99% no out side marketing I was happy with the end result which allows the opportunity to prepare and developing following projects while based in China manufacturing kick starter backer rewards with the affordable CAD, CNC and EDM machinery and to actually finance advertising for the next Kick Starter project which I expect 90% more turnover.

What also happens with Kick starter projects they gather an audience following that grow each Kick starter project which you get all backers personal emails address and are easily to contact when do updates from past projects to inform all past backers with one press of the computer button to let tem know of the next the project comming.

My next Kick starter project is manufactured in GR 5 titanium is a folding structure that is 30mm long X 6mm X 6mm square that is EDM wire cut and CNC machined and is suited for the boat key ring accessory.
    It becomes a small ruler in inch and metric, two size flat screw drivers and a Philips screw driver, bottle opener and a sharp knife.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...list-multi-tool-and-pocket-clip-k/description

7. myark

myark Senior Member

I have now started to manufacture the Metperial multi tool which show the 440c stainless in square shapes and the CPM S35VN stainless steel on the longer lengths pictured.

The other picture shows the first 5 Meterial multi tools cut with a EDM wire cutter which is a slow process but has extreme accuracy needed for the finger and toe nail file and creates a smooth surface that does not need to be machined.

The CPM S35VN is used to suit the boating environment as well as it is the best material for tough when it comes to the razor sharp cutting edge.

I have made many design modifications yet again as I QC the manufacture.

I have also completed a new design suited for the boating key ring that is now 34mm long and 6mm X 6mm square made from titanium.

It is a folding structure that has 2 sized flat screw drivers and a Philips screw driver, becomes finger and toe nail clippers, knife, wire striper, electrical cord cutter, a bottle opener that can open bottle with one hand while holding the bottle with same hand, a boat shackle pin wrench, a small measuring ruler in Metric and Imperial,
    I do not like one part of the idea that be comes a fishing hook for survival but its obvious although as a miniature survivalist tool and one is lost and starving then killing a fish may be justified to save ones life especially lost at sea.

Attached Files:

8. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Reminds me of all the gadgets I have had confiscated off my key ring when boarding a plane.

Poida

9. myark

myark Senior Member

The titanium multi tool I have just invented is highly suited for a boat key chain that is safe to carry on board a plane.

I will place pictures of this new idea on this thread next week just after I file the patent pending application.

It will be displayed in www.kickstarter.com in a weeks time as right this moment are making the demonstration film and write up to be displayed on Kick Starter web site.

10. myark

myark Senior Member

After the EDM wire cutter the shapes I use a sanding belt machine in my apartment to smooth surface of the 55 test samples of the Metperial multi tool shapes, then uses a internal grinder to carefully take off the sharp edges then drill holes.
    As I make the Kick starter backers rewards I am redesigning the multiple uses suited for the marine and boating market and will launch this new designs on another kick starter project.

Attached Files:

11. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Senior Member

12. myark

myark Senior Member

That's cool

Myself have just launches a Kick starter project suited for boating and have 190 backers so far in under two days gong into the project.

I am happy with this, as so far I have had 100% no out side advertising which you generally need to gather traffic that is headed towards the Kick Starter platform.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/363092515/metperial-titanium-little-bit-more

13. crabberman

crabberman New Member

China patents

On a 2014 biz trip to China I met Alamarin Jet Finnish salesman. He warned me to be careful who I showed my boat design (I was getting prices), told me about Alamarin jet manufactured by Guangzhou company that had purchased the Alamarin waterjet, reverse engineered it, put it into production and began selling it. Problem they had of course was zero knowledge of designing for all the variables to suit hull differences so sales and the company soon failed.

14. myark

myark Senior Member

The pictures taken are my latest design I made from Gr 5 titanium suited for the boat key ring.

Key rings generally are made so the key ring loops around a split coil spring two times that can break finger nails when trying to pry apart, also hard to see when remove or add key, especially in the dark.

There are carbineers with similar spring structures as the Split Second Key Ring that bend inwards but need a larger area to be able to spring inwards which a small key ring does not have the room to spring inwards for placing a key on ring.

My patent pending design is making the Gr 5 titanium key ring similar to jewelry worn on finger that can be EDM wire cut to each finger size

I found if applied pressure to spring sideways and not inwards it can easily place a key on ring, but if bent to far sideways it will lose its shape, although it can be easily bent back into shape again, I found this was not acceptable for the market and designed a wedged blunt pointed shape each of the split region ends of the keyring that allowed the split opening distances to half when a key is applied that allows larger objects such as EDC multi tools.

However I found the round shape hard to handle, so I made one end an oblong shape that also allows a blind person to feel and apply or remove a key, this also allows the key to be worn on the finger that gives the finger breathing space so blood circulation is not cut off by ring, another advantage the oblong shape has is to allow the keys to hang freely when worn on finger if do not want to carry keys in palm of the hand or place in pocket when have dirt on hands.

The oblong shape on one end of the ring is designed to give more holding area while making it easy to place pressure with the key sideways on the spring region, this means the key cannot come off unless the ring is held in such a manner with pressure.

The ring size is 28mm long X 25mm wide outside dimensions with a square structure size of 2.8mm X 2.8mm that has rounded corners for comfort handling or worn on a finger, the key ring can be made smaller or lager to suit individual finger sizes or larger to be able to place several more key rings or accessories.

While designing the Split Second Key Ring with EDM wire cutter, I also found no EDM wire cut magnet key ring accessories are on the market, although there are many types of key ring magnets on EBay etc. for sale, but are metal injection or CNC lathed, by manufacturing with EDM wire cutting gave a finer and more creative shape and have offered this as a add on reward if wanted for the Split Second Key Ring accessory.

Attached Files:

15. myark

myark Senior Member

Picture of CNC machined multi tool designed for boat key ring accessory.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.