Moving a Boat from lake Erie to L.I> NY area

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Kraftwerk, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk walking the plank

Anyone know of a good, inexspensive ,reliable boat transport company to move a 30' sailboat from Cleavland Ohio to L.I. NY or Massachusetts? What would the aproximate price be?
    Thanks!
    Jt

2. JPC

JPC Junior Member

I'd guess $3000-$5000, depending on the other dimensions of your boat. I've done two sailboat truck moves, one a 22' from NYC to CA for about $2500; one a 34' that was a little big on one dimension from Chicago to San Francisco for about $5500. As I recall, both were booked through A-1, but I'm not certain of that.

The link below will provide a list, contact info and some customer comments.

Many of the businesses are just brokering agents for independent truckers, so your quality experience will not necessarily be consistent with any single broker. I had an excellent experience with the 34'; driver was just a good, responsible guy, calling me with status and updates, and providing a sense of competent attention. 22' was fine, but not as good.

Prep and packaging of your boat is important, so your time and the yard that your working with at each end is important.

Listings:
    http://www.sfsailing.com/cgi-bin/mbi/movers.cfm

Best regards,
    JPC

3. Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk walking the plank

Hey Thanks JPC,
    Good to know.