Man rescued from floating bubble (tries to go across ocean to Bermuda 1000 miles)

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Waterwitch, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

I can sing the entire score from "What's Opera Doc?"

2. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

philSweet

you got it baby you got it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p:p:p

3. Westel

Westel Senior Member

144.000 $$ Hmmm.....a lot of money for someone " who had a dream" but...those who get their "dreams" from crack-coke and all that other sh#t cost a lot more to the taxpayer but nobody seems to care about that...it's part of our culture nowadays.

EVERY inmate in New York City costs over 167.000$ per year to the taxpayer !! Send them all to Putin for 50.000$ a person per year. They learn a different language, learn to "socialize" (must be, with 15 people in a cel intended to house 2 LOL ) and overweight is non existant in Russian prisons, healthier !!
    The remaining 94.000$ for every New York inmate can be put in a fund to pay for the coastguard resque actions......along the entire USA coast !!

Putin happy, US Coast guard happy, floating bubble guys happy,..........For New York City it's break even but at least they get rid of the scumbaggs

4. Petros

Petros Senior Member

yes, but we have a prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment. Being sent to Siberia might be construed as exactly that. so we are stuck with them.

5. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Why not tell him to turn his bubble around and bubble back to shore.

6. AndySGray

AndySGray Senior Member

Had he been able to keep to schedule, would probably have arrived about the same time as hurricane Gonzalo.

With 140mph winds, could have been back home (or indeed anywhere) in a matter of hours;-:D

Toto, I don't think we're in Bermuda anymore :eek:

:p

7. Westel

Westel Senior Member

Bummer:mad:

8. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

So ... no lap dances from Helen Thomas look-a-likes, huh?

1 person likes this.
  9. sdowney717

sdowney717 Senior Member

I bet lots of liberals view the perps as victims of circumstance, meaning their environment caused them to commit terrible crimes.
    Actually I dont think you can say only libs, but libs seems to fit.

1 person likes this.
  10. Westel

Westel Senior Member

The word liberal has a different meaning in the USA as to what is considered a liberal in Europe.
    Things have changed obviously over time but in general, the liberal party was considered to handle the "needs" of the middle-and upper class people, not notoriously known to make the live of thieves and robbers any easier once jailed.

So the liberals of the USA are considered left to far left wingers here in Europe.
    ("left wingers" with the knowledge that there is the benefit of a capitalist system behind them that is)

11. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

They have to look after their future leaders, where else do you think they come from.

12. Westel

Westel Senior Member

I think you forgat a small word in that sentence Fanie....NOT notoriously known....;)

13. Petros

Petros Senior Member

there was some "scholarly study" about how to rehabilitate sexual predators that **** children, some such theories about controlling their impulses, that was making the rounds of Face Book and the rest of the internet. I pointed out that if such convicted criminals get publicly castrated after the first offense, and than get executed if they are ever found to be harming children again, that the rest of them would find ways real fast to control their disgusting and criminal behavior. Again, we have laws agaist such punishments, but consider how many children it will save, and how much money it would save the state. I have a hard time feeling sorry for people who pray on innocents, particularly children.

So we get all this sophistry about "humane" treatment of such monsters from collage professors that get lauded for such studies, yet offer no concrete and reliable solutions to stopping sexual preditors.

14. Westel

Westel Senior Member

It's all a matter of responsability I guess.It's easy from behind a desk to defend the human rights of a rapist/murderer. It's not so easy if you're the police officer who have to tell the parents that their child is *****/murdered by a recidivist.
    I would leave the "honor" of bringing such devastating/hartbreaking "news" to the parents, on those who where responsable for releasing that scumbag. Let's see if their university Bla-Bla can convince the parents that, releasing that creep "seemed" the right choice in name of humanity and social behaviour.
    Let's see how much courage those desktop knights have when confronted with the parents who lost their most valuable gem, their child.
    "They" say that emotions are the worst judge.....for who ?

15. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

As I've occasionally pointed out on forums where I go for politics, religion, etc, the sort of professors you are speaking of seldom have to live with the people that get hurt.

Like I used to joke that the real reason that white collar prisons can be so relatively nice is that legislators may have it in mind that they or people they know may someday end up there....

I'm not gonna say more because I don't really come here for that stuff.